• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which g-perms should I use?

Which g perms do you use?

• RUD

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • R2u

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • a mix

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ga: R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R2 D U' R' U R D'
Gb: R' U' R U D' R2 U R' U R U' R U' R2 D
Gc: (U2) L2 U' L U' L U L' U L2 D' U L U' L' D (or R D' R2 U' R2 U R' U R U2 R' U R' U R2 D R' or R2' U' R U' R U R' U R2 U D' R U' R' D)
Gd: R U R' U' D R2 U' R U' R' U R' U R2 D'
They all start from neutral (thumbs on F) and if you're slow at LUD just practice, although the alts are also good. You can sub 1 all of them.

My algs are easy to master, but not necessarily the best.
Gb: R' d' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2
Gc: R2 F2 R U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
My algs are easy to master, but not necessarily the best.
Gb: R' d' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2
Gc: R2 F2 R U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2

You badly need a new Gb. Ga and Gd are normal, Gc is okay

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Use the R2u ones, the wide u moves may be hard to get used to but because of the lower movecount you can do them faster.
That's incorrect. All the D moves are done simultaneously and what's faster, R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' or R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' L? Movecount isn't the only factor in alg speed. There's a reason why very few people use Uw G perms now, mainly because RUD algs are better in most cases. The R' d' F etc one is a good alg though and is the only exception I can think of. Even then, RUD is better.

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's incorrect. All the D moves are done simultaneously and what's faster, R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' or R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' L? Movecount isn't the only factor in alg speed. There's a reason why very few people use Uw G perms now, mainly because RUD algs are better in most cases. The R' d' F etc one is a good alg though and is the only exception I can think of. Even then, RUD is better.
RUD does add moves they add the UD' or U'D that replaces the rotation. And for some cases doing the simultaneous moves is slower than rotating like in Gc where if you wanna do the UD' you have to do a huge regrip before the R2. Really it comes down to personal preference but if you can do a V perm consistently with the rotation you can do the G perms consistently with a roatation.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
RUD does add moves they add the UD' or U'D that replaces the rotation. And for some cases doing the simultaneous moves is slower than rotating like in Gc where if you wanna do the UD' you have to do a huge regrip before the R2. Really it comes down to personal preference but if you can do a V perm consistently with the rotation you can do the G perms consistently with a roatation.

Only one of the RUD G-Perms has a regrip, and it's more accurate to look at them in ETM because U' D is just as fast as U'

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Only one of the RUD G-Perms has a regrip, and it's more accurate to look at them in ETM because U' D is just as fast as U'
I agree with you there that U'D is as fast as a U but the real issue with the RUD G perms is AUFing afterwards. It's easier to see what the AUF is because it follows the headlights not the block but if it's a U2 AUF there's no good way to do it while your left hand is correcting the D layer and your right hand isn't in home grip.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with you there that U'D is as fast as a U but the real issue with the RUD G perms is AUFing afterwards. It's easier to see what the AUF is because it follows the headlights not the block but if it's a U2 AUF there's no good way to do it while your left hand is correcting the D layer and your right hand isn't in home grip.
Its easy to AUF out of the RUD G perms. Just use your left hand, its not doing anything aside from some U moves during the RUD algs

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Its easy to AUF out of the RUD G perms. Just use your left hand, its not doing anything aside from some U moves during the RUD algs
It's correcting the D layer at the end of the alg. So doing a U' is fine a U is a bit harder but U2 has no good way to do it. I like the u G perms better cuz rotating and finishing the alg is still fast and AUF is way easier.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
It's correcting the D layer at the end of the alg. So doing a U' is fine a U is a bit harder but U2 has no good way to do it. I like the u G perms better cuz rotating and finishing the alg is still fast and AUF is way easier.

I do AUF easily. My right hand is always ready for U and U2 and my left hand does U'

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you ever heard of something called using 2 fingers at once? Use ring for the D layer and index for the U layer. As long as you don't use super wacky fingertricks your left hand should be in the same place for the whole alg. And on my GD alg on the last R2 I flick the D layer with my whole right hand and AUF with the left hand

EDIT: What do you mean U2 and U are hard? Just use a double flick for U2 and push the back corner for U. In fact most of my PLL algs have 2-3 push U moves with left index. Even if you cant do a double flick lefty just push a U' all the way through until your finger goes from the BL spot to the RF spot

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you ever heard of something called using 2 fingers at once? Use ring for the D layer and index for the U layer. As long as you don't use super wacky fingertricks your left hand should be in the same place for the whole alg. And on my GD alg on the last R2 I flick the D layer with my whole right hand and AUF with the left hand
Oh yeah I was definitely saying describing AUFing with your right hand. I even said your right hand isn't in home grip at the end and we all know it's easier to AUF with a hand that isn't in home grip than one that is. Of course I meant your left hand. I will reiterate, while your left hand is correcting the D layer and your right hand is not in home grip, U' is easy to do, U is a bit harder because you have to do a reverse push, and there is no good way to do U2 with your left hand while your ring finger is doing the D move.

Status
Not open for further replies.