• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which g-perms should I use?

Which g perms do you use?

• RUD

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • R2u

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • a mix

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Oh yeah I was definitely saying describing AUFing with your right hand. I even said your right hand isn't in home grip at the end and we all know it's easier to AUF with a hand that isn't in home grip than one that is. Of course I meant your left hand. I will reiterate, while your left hand is correcting the D layer and your right hand is not in home grip, U' is easy to do, U is a bit harder because you have to do a reverse push, and there is no good way to do U2 with your left hand while your ring finger is doing the D move.

I do AUF easily. My right hand is always ready for U and U2 and my left hand does U'

Although I normally just push with my left hand for U. If you just slightly alter the end then you can easily get your right hand ready for U2

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Although I normally just push with my left hand for U. If you just slightly alter the end then you can easily get your right hand ready for U2
Or I could use a different algorithm that has a lower movecount where your left hand is completely freed up at the end. u moves are really not hard to get consistently and I was just as fast on the u G perms as the RUD ones the first day I tried them.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh yeah I was definitely saying describing AUFing with your right hand. I even said your right hand isn't in home grip at the end and we all know it's easier to AUF with a hand that isn't in home grip than one that is.
Oh yeah, I always take my hand out of a perfect position to do U U' and U2 since its literally right there, I actually AUF by doing x' F instead of a U move because lord knows that home grip is bad for AUF! Do you even know what home grip is? It puts your left hand in a perfect position to AUF and your right hand in a perfect position to AUF. I don't think you even know what home grip is.
Quick Tip on How to Hold the Rubik's Cube and Practice Finger ...

HOW IS IT HARD TO DO U MOVES OUT OF THIS?

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh yeah, I always take my hand out of a perfect position to do U U' and U2 since its literally right there, I actually AUF by doing x' F instead of a U move because lord knows that home grip is bad for AUF! Do you even know what home grip is? It puts your left hand in a perfect position to AUF and your right hand in a perfect position to AUF. I don't think you even know what home grip is.
Quick Tip on How to Hold the Rubik's Cube and Practice Finger ...'s Cube and Practice Finger ...

HOW IS IT HARD TO DO U MOVES OUT OF THIS?
You responded to my sarcasm with sarcasm and didn't understand my sarcasm.

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
Neither of you know what sarcasm is. Sean was stating what he believes to be true and said it was sarcasm, and S1H is just mad
Me saying that it's easier to AUF when you're not in home grip is sarcasm. I literally said afterwards how you would AUF with your LEFT HAND cuz that's the hand you should be using to AUF, while your right hand is not in home grip.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Neither of you know what sarcasm is. Sean was stating what he believes to be true and said it was sarcasm, and S1H is just mad
YES I AM

frickin fricks can't even RUD like a squanny boi smh

Or I could use a different algorithm that has a lower movecount where your left hand is completely freed up at the end. u moves are really not hard to get consistently and I was just as fast on the u G perms as the RUD ones the first day I tried them.
Low move count doesn't matter at all. If you can execute a 10 move algorithm at 4 TPS then its a worse algorithm than a 20 move algorithm at 10 TPS. The only time move count matters is during FMC, you should be more concerned about the TPS to move count ratio then simply just move count. Your left hand is also free to do U and D moves the entire time during the RUD Ga and Gd perms, you probably just aren't doing the right finger tricks if its hard for you to AUF on RUD G perms. Take square-1 for example, the entire solve is R2UD gen in simple 3x3 terms but you dont see people struggling to ABF even with an extra layer to worry about.
Me saying that it's easier to AUF when you're not in home grip is sarcasm. I literally said afterwards how you would AUF with your LEFT HAND cuz that's the hand you should be using to AUF, while your right hand is not in home grip.
How is it any harder to do a U move with your left hand when your right hand isn't there compared to when it is? That just makes no sense, your left hand is independent from your right hand during home grip and I can just as easily do any U or D moves no matter if the right hand is out of home grip or in home grip.

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
YES I AM

frickin fricks can't even RUD like a squanny boi smh

Low move count doesn't matter at all. If you can execute a 10 move algorithm at 4 TPS then its a worse algorithm than a 20 move algorithm at 10 TPS. The only time move count matters is during FMC, you should be more concerned about the TPS to move count ratio then simply just move count. Your left hand is also free to do U and D moves the entire time during the RUD Ga and Gd perms, you probably just aren't doing the right finger tricks if its hard for you to AUF on RUD G perms. Take square-1 for example, the entire solve is R2UD gen in simple 3x3 terms but you dont see people struggling to ABF even with an extra layer to worry about.

How is it any harder to do a U move with your left hand when your right hand isn't there compared to when it is? That just makes no sense, your left hand is independent from your right hand during home grip and I can just as easily do any U or D moves no matter if the right hand is out of home grip or in home grip.
Square 1 fingertricks are super different from 3x3 fingertricks. In square 1 people do alternating slices with their right hand and a lot more finger drags, which most people do rarely on 3x3. Comparing 2 different events cuz one of them has RUD moves doesn't accomplish anything. And tell me it's not harder to do a reverse push then a regular flick, especially when your middle finger is the only thing holding the back of the cube. Me personally, I can't do a D move with my ring finger and a U reverse push with my index finger fast cuz it's weird and unnatural. And if the alg was LUB moves then yes your point about move count is correct, but it's just wide u moves which are like U moves but you hit both layers. The rotation adds a bit of time but I can do a rotation into R' U R faster than that UD stuff.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Square 1 fingertricks are super different from 3x3 fingertricks. In square 1 people do alternating slices with their right hand and a lot more finger drags, which most people do rarely on 3x3. Comparing 2 different events cuz one of them has RUD moves doesn't accomplish anything. And tell me it's not harder to do a reverse push then a regular flick, especially when your middle finger is the only thing holding the back of the cube.
They can be different, but RUD algorithms flow a lot like square-1 algs. It does accomplish something however, it proves your claim that RUD AUF's are hard is actually false. And I will tell you its not hard to do a reverse push than a regular flick on 3x3 OR square-1. If it was harder and slower then no one would use them, but what do ya know, people do use them ALL THE TIME!
Me personally, I can't do a D move with my ring finger and a U reverse push with my index finger fast cuz it's weird and unnatural.
Because you haven't practiced that fingertrick enough. It's just as hard as any other fingertrick to begin with but it also gets very easy after you try to get it to be faster for a while.
And if the alg was LUB moves then yes your point about move count is correct, but it's just wide u moves which are like U moves but you hit both layers. The rotation adds a bit of time but I can do a rotation into R' U R faster than that UD stuff.
How does the alg gen have anything to do with move count to TPS ratios? That makes no sense that saying my point only applies to LUB algorithms. In fact, ill give you an example of an alg that isn't LUB Gen that was replaced despite being efficient. The old U perms that went like this F2 U(’) M' U2 M U(’) F2. were FMU Gen and were actually very efficient, clocking in at 7 moves ETM. But people nowadays use RU gen algorithms like this R2 U' R' U' R U R U R U' R despite them being 11 moves ETM. Its also hard to make the case that Uw moves are better than D moves in algorithms, especially since most of the time they require a hard or soft regrip instead of the RUD gen algs which often don't require a regrip at all.

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
That makes no sense that saying my point only applies to LUB algorithms.
I can't name you an LUB algorithm. That was just an example of awkward moves you can do. You can do a Jb perm with R U and L moves and it's shorter than RUF, but everyone does RUF because it's much better to execute. And you don't have to regrip for wide u moves either. Your thumb just moves down slightly to the D layer while the u move is being done and it comes back up, which is barely any movement so it hardly counts as a regrip.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't name you an LUB algorithm. That was just an example of awkward moves you can do. You can do a Jb perm with R U and L moves and it's shorter than RUF, but everyone does RUF because it's much better to execute. And you don't have to regrip for wide u moves either. Your thumb just moves down slightly to the D layer while the u move is being done and it comes back up, which is barely any movement so it hardly counts as a regrip.
That still has nothing to do with the TPS to move ratio. Also, people use the RUL for Ja so that point doesn't make sense. And your thumb moving out of home grip is still a regrip, and you can avoid the regrips all together. This is gonna be my last post arguing it since this has gone on for too long.

RUD is better than R2u because the fingertricks are among the best and they don't require rotations or regrips, not to mention the extremely high TPS

s_e_a_n666

YouTube
Visit Channel
That still has nothing to do with the TPS to move ratio. Also, people use the RUL for Ja so that point doesn't make sense. And your thumb moving out of home grip is still a regrip, and you can avoid the regrips all together. This is gonna be my last post arguing it since this has gone on for too long.

RUD is better than R2u because the fingertricks are among the best and they don't require rotations or regrips, not to mention the extremely high TPS
You can achieve the same TPS on the R2u G perms even J perm (the youtuber) says that they are equally as fast but he feels the RUD ones are lower risk. I feel the opposite way because wide moves aren't super difficult to do consistently and cube rotations let you end the algorithm in the best grip. This has gone for too long and it really does come down to preference. We were both saying reasons why we use different algs that apply to us, but may not apply to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.