• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Event has the Worst Hardware?

DNF_Cuber

There have been many threads on this forum about which WCA events people like the most, but how about which ones have the best puzzles on the market? 3x3 is probably near the top of all our lists, and sq1 near the bottom, but I am interested to see what events people think need improving. Note: FMC, the bld events, and 3x3 oh are not on the list. rankings are 1= best hardware 11= worst hardware

I'll start!
1.3x3
2. 2x2
3. megaminx
4.4x4
5. 5x5
6.Pyraminx
7.skewb
8.7x7
9.6x6
10. Clock
11.Square-1 Clock and sq1 were tough, I think qiyi clock makes the event no longer the worst

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
U guys rating of mega and skewb is absurd. Mega is basically built the same as 3x3 so it has good hardware , and skewb feels weird because the axis it turns on is so different.
I thought this was asking for our opinion? All the skewbs and megas I've tried are pretty bad.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Cubers these days are so spoiled. Current square-1s are so fantastically good compared to even the best 3x3x3s of 2006. All hardware is amazingly fantastic these days.
clock needs more maturation

also kilominx and master pyraminx and all the potential WCA events. why aren't they added yet :(

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2
3x3
Clock
Squan
4x4
5x5
Skewb

I know I left a few events out, but I'm still trying to get good mains for 6x6, 7x7, Pyraminx, & Megaminx. Honestly though, I think the 2x2 market is amazing. The 3x3s are great, as long as you have a GAN, and Clock is my favorite and best-performing event now that the QiYi Magnetic came out. Used to be worst, but eh. Squan is pretty good, but lacks good slice-cutting(?). 4x4 is amazing; just get the QiYi MS and you'll see what I mean. 5x5 is also pretty good, as the QiYi MS is a nice cube and fun to turn. Skewb is I think the worst because I have a MoYu AoYan Skewb and it does not do very well, meaning I don't practice skewb all that much. All in all, though, I think we can agree that the cubes today are better than the cubes of 2009, when Zemdegs entered the cubing scene.

D

Deleted member 54663

Why does everyone mark squan at the bottom? The volt v2 M is near perfection, including it's slice, speed, magnet strength, and layers. It just needs some breaking in.

D

Deleted member 54663

2x2
3x3
Clock
Squan
4x4
5x5
Skewb

I know I left a few events out, but I'm still trying to get good mains for 6x6, 7x7, Pyraminx, & Megaminx. Honestly though, I think the 2x2 market is amazing. The 3x3s are great, as long as you have a GAN, and Clock is my favorite and best-performing event now that the QiYi Magnetic came out. Used to be worst, but eh. Squan is pretty good, but lacks good slice-cutting(?). 4x4 is amazing; just get the QiYi MS and you'll see what I mean. 5x5 is also pretty good, as the QiYi MS is a nice cube and fun to turn. Skewb is I think the worst because I have a MoYu AoYan Skewb and it does not do very well, meaning I don't practice skewb all that much. All in all, though, I think we can agree that the cubes today are better than the cubes of 2009, when Zemdegs entered the cubing scene.
I disagree, facts are not sound. First of all, "The 3x3s are great, as long as you have a GAN". are you kidding me?Second, Saying that you don't do skewb so you marked it on the bottom is ok, but saying the Aoyan(best on the market in most people's opinions) is bad is not justifiable.

Edit: If you are looking for good cheap mains for 6, 7, pyra, and mega, I would recommend the yusu v2, yufu v2, qiyi ms, and yuhu v2.

If you have more money, mgc, mgc, bell v2, and still yuhu.

Last edited by a moderator: