• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who has dominated an event the most in all of WCA history?

RyanO

WCA
2008OLSO01
Tomasz Kiedrowicz in pyraminx

I hardly think his 2.83 pyraminx single signifies dominance. Sure his record has been around for a long time, but there are people that are clearly consistently faster than Tomasz Kiedrowicz. A pyraminx single means almost nothing. I would bet that anyone that is really serious about pyraminx has beaten 2.83 unofficially. I've beaten it many times and I'm by no means a great cuber.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the obvious answer for holding a World Record the longest is Minh Thai. I don't think anyone will beat his record of 21 years. I mean, who else will be able to only compete in one competition, break the WR in that competition, and hold it for longer than 21 years? Talk about domination.
Dominating an event is all about consistently being the best despite repeated attempts by many other people. It's not about length of time, but by difference in speed (between you and #2) and number of competitions it took for others to even get close to you.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
A ten year bump and boy, how the things have changed.
If anyone's dominating any event, I think it is:
3x3 - Not clear now but it was Faz at one time.
4x4 - Sebastien Weyer
5x5-7x7 - Max Park (who doesn't know ?)
Mega - Juan Pablo Huanqui (From what i've seen on the WCA website, he's been holding the single and avg WR since 2016 with a few breaks)

Last edited: