• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

where will world's 2019 be.

M

Malkom

China seems pretty likely, there's been a lot of big competitions there and it's a pretty interesting destination for travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
Umm, worlds 2017 was a month ago. We still have a year until the WCA will start thinking about the location.

Gomorrite

I think it would be good if it was in Asia, as cubing is extremely popular in many Asian countries, yet the cubing community there is more disconnected from the rest of the world. In comparison, the North America and Europe cubing community is much more strongly linked.

Having a WC in Asia, preferably China, might contribute to make cubing more of a worldwide thing and reduce isolation of cubing communities in certain countries.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let's take a look at continents, in case people don't know:
2005: North America (Florida, USA)
2007: Europe (Budapest, Hungary)
2009: Europe (Düsseldorf, Germany)
2011: Asia (Bangkok, Thailand)
2013: North America (Nevada, USA)
2015: South America (São Paulo, Brazil)
2017: Europe (Paris, France)

Looks to me like it's Asia's turn. Due to the huge communities of cubers in Asia, I'm very concerned about the WC2019 competitor limit and qualification times. Will we see a competitor limit of 1000? 1500? 2000? Will you need a sub-12 average to compete in 3x3?

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thought I'd bump this thread so others can look at/criticize people's predictions. :p

Interesting to see how few people thought it would be Australia (although I was personally pretty surprised too when I found out they applied).