• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Where to buy Square-1?

Lloyd1337

Is there anywhere to buy the Square-1 puzzle anymore? I know that the Rubik's store used to have it, but I don't think they are making them anymore. Is there anywhere else that makes/sells them? I'd rather not get one off of eBay, though. Don't trust eBay, because the cube I'd get would probably be old with peeling stickers. =/

Lloyd1337

Found a few on Ebay.

Which one is better for speedcubing - Irwin Toys or Rubiks brand?

So far I haven't found any new ones, but I'm fine with a slightly used one as long as it still has all of it's stickers in tact and can be solved rapidly.

If I order one, and the stickers are in poor condition, is it possible to order replacement stickers or something? =/

mgwallisa

Originally posted by Lloyd1337@May 26 2006, 06:42 PM

If I order one, and the stickers are in poor condition, is it possible to order replacement stickers or something? =/
Cubesmith has replacement stickers. I like them much better than what comes on the puzzle anyway, kind of cheap like the Rubik's stickers.

Lloyd1337

Excellent. It's good to know that I can order new stickers if the original ones are worn out. Are the cubesmith stickers similar to the PVC stickers from the Rubik's shop?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I have never tried PVC stickers, but cubesmith stickers a great. When they wear out, they dont peel off, they just chip off, so it doesnt really affect how the cube feels.

mgwallisa

Originally posted by Lloyd1337@May 26 2006, 07:44 PM
Are the cubesmith stickers similar to the PVC stickers from the Rubik's shop?
They're the same PVC stickers as his other sets. I'd say better than the Rubik's PVC stickers because they're a little thicker so the orange and yellow can't be seen through, plus they're much cheaper.

Lloyd1337

Excellent. I've won a bid for a Square-1 on Ebay, and am currently waiting for the total price to come in. It's shipping from Holland, so the shipping costs will most likely be pretty high, but I'm fine with that. Also, it'll probably take a while to ship. Oh well. I guess it's just more time to memorize the parity fixes for my 4x4. =/