• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Where can I find split edges for the MF8 2x3x4?

WCA
2014JAMI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone, I'm looking for just the split edges for the MF8 2x3x4, not with the cube, only the 3 pieces. This is what they look like: http://www.hknowstore.com/locale/en...e&itemid=4d860793-9755-4816-9dc8-a71a57dbd014

They come with the cube, does anyone know where I can find them alone? I have contacted Calvin from HKnowstore, no reply yet. Until I get a reply I thought I should ask my fellow cubers!

Split edges are used to make the MF8 2x3x4 non-bandaged. There is a bandaging problem which according to MF8 was supposed to be there, but they still made these split edges that you can add in the cube to fix the bandaging problem.

WCA
2013HALL03
I mean wait for his reply.

When did you ask? If it has been a few days you might want to ask again. He's a busy fella that's for sure :)

I didn't order it from hknowstore or I would have gotten the one with the extra pieces. I got it from wallbuys.com. I haven't asked Echo yet because I'm not sure if he will supply the extra pieces.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently tried solving my 2x3x4 with shape-shifting for the first time. I've solved it several times in non-shape-shifted form and that worked fine. However, shortly after restoring the shape, it locked up on one of the outer 2x3 layers. It seems to randomly be locked or free on each outer 2x3 layer.

Is this the bandaging "feature" referred to above? Is there a way to even solve it with this "feature" in place? I can't seem to predict what causes or fixes the locks on these outer 2x3 layers.

AndersB

Premium Member
WCA
2011BERG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, you are going to need to find some split edges if you want to have a fully functional 2x3x4. It is possible to solve it anyway, but it's pretty hard. Search for it on twistypuzzles.com, I remember there being threads about this.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, found it. Also found some split edges in my spares box! They must have been shipped with the cube but I didn't realize what they were for and forgot about them. All fixed and working fine now. It's a nice little puzzle.