• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

When will you stop cubing? (If you do)

Will you stop cubing?

• Total voters

3LEVAS3

Hey,

Just wondering, when would/will you ever stop cubing? If so, why? Is it simply because there is not enough time in your life or it's just boring?

I'm never gonna stop :D a day without cubing is the day that I die... Just kidding, about the dying part, but I don't see myself stopping, do you?

L

Yarco

YouTube
Visit Channel
Once my time on 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 all start to plateau and I've reached my goals, I'll give it up. I've had a lot of hobbies over the years but not stuck to anything for more than a couple months at most really. And I've already been cubing for about 3 months so far.

I will definitely stop solving daily at some point but I'd like to maintain it enough to at least stay sub-60.

90% sure I will abandon it to start playing a new PC game on a daily basis. Cubing is really just the most recent "game" I've gotten addicted to after StarCraft, Dota, CSGO, and Space Engineers. There's a good chance my amount of cubing will drop dramatically if I decide to pick up Guild Wars 2 on sale and play with my friend.

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I told myself I'd quit at 20 when I first started. Then I said sub-15. Now I'm sub-15 and can't see myself stopping any time soon, but I definitely plan to reduce how much time I spend cubing.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've already cut back (although I've been through a burst of activity for the last few weeks). But I can't ever see totally stopping - I'm quite sure I won't go a year without a BLD solve for the rest of my life. (If nothing else, I need to do the negative time solve contest!) :)

rowehessler

I dont think anyone really stops cubing, but everyone certainly loses some interest after a while...I've stopped competing but I still cube once in a while if i have nothing better to do. It'll always be a part of us.

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been cubing for 4 years, off and on after really after the first year. I don't think I can ever truly quit it. It has been such a big part of me that if I put down the cube and saw one 10 years later I'd still think to myself that I'm a speed cuber because when I see the cube it means something special to me.

JasonDL13

WCA
2014LEWI02
I enjoy Memory Sports more then Rubik's Cubes so if I ever get bored of MBLD or BLD I'll move to memorizing cards and numbers. However I have some goals I want to get down first:

-MBLD 10/10
-BLD Sub 2
-BLD Memo Sub 1
-~Sub 15 avg 3x3x3
-4BLD and 5BLD

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like Rowe said, I'll probably never 100% quit, but I certainly won't be going as hardcore as I am now when I'm in my late 20s or just whenever I lose that drive to practice. For now though, I've still got a fair few personal goals to go for in cubing.