• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

when people ask you how you solve the rubik's cube so fast you say. . .

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
how do i do it so fast?
practice

how do I do it?
layer by layer working my way up from the bottom.

you use algorythms right?
yeah once I get to the last layer. the other layers are done intuitively, but even when i do the algos most of the work is recognising which ones to use quickly.

I just take the stickers off
that takes too long

DaijoCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I go :

Centers don't move. Corners do not take the place of the edges. NEVER.
You don't solve stickers, you solve cubies.

An algorithm is a combination of movements in a certain order that will change the place of some pieces or orient some pieces without ****ing all that you've solved.

NO I DON'T USE a formula that will solve the cube entirely no matter what initial position there is.

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
Currently I just say this:

'I twist it really really fast.'

However, from now on I'm using this:
'My brain is sufficiently advanced enough to be able to modify yours by just thinking about it and sending messages to your brain. While doing this, I disassemble it on that chair over there' - points to chair - 'and reassemble it in the solved position. However, because of my modifying of your brain - it's temporary, don't worry - it looks like I am solving the cube in one smooth, continuous motion. I got this skill from the Master of Cubes, Endoso Toshimichi. It's a long story.'

If they don't want to know, that's good.
If they do want to know, then I start going on with a story about how it happened, and how I got here today.

This should be interesting to the first person I do it on...

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I avoid bringing up algorithms because they immediately assume that you just memorize a ton of them to get fast. Usually I just say that I practice a lot and discuss it on an internet forum with other cubers.

abctoshiro

them: how do you solve it so fast?
me: i memorize a lot of things
them: can you teach me now?
me: nope.
them: why?
me: not now.
them: WHY NOT NOW? WTF TEACH ME!
me: okay, i'm gonna teach you.
them: so how?
me: first, solve pi raised to the cube root of 100000000. then, when you are finished....i'll teach you.
them: wtf.
me: *smiles then walks away*