• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's the algorithm for this situation?

hamid

Hello everyone,

My name is Hamid and I am new to cube solving and my best personal is 1:54 with an ordinary Rubik's cube, I started like 2 weeks ago. I've ordered a Sheng En Type F II on eBay and am waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I thought it'd be a good idea to learn some new algorithms to improve my solve time.

So, the first thing that I want to ask is that I don't know how many algorithms are out there and which one's the best, but I'm using this one explained by this awesome dude, Dan Brown.

Does anyone know what is this algorithm called? and whether it's good for speed cubing or not?

Secondly, sometimes I get stuck with this situation where blue needs to be at orange's place and orange needs to be at blue's.

TMYii.jpg

So what I do usually in this situation is that, having the orange faced at me I do
Code:
Ui Li U L U F Ui Fi U U
so that I get the picture below and do the rest the normal way.

d5uAi.jpg

Is there a better way to do this? Or do you suggest I use a totally different algorithm from the scratch?

Thanks y'all in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh, and I know you are a beginner (no offence), but you should start usong 's insted of i's. For example: R U Ri Ui = R U R' U'

This may seem weird, but almost any other website or tutorial will use this notation, so I suggest you get used to it :) but thats just me.

Oh and what ^ they said. Once you get around to averaging about a minute (it may seem far away, but its not hard, usually), you should try to learn another, faster method like Fridrich or CFOP (they r the same thing, just different names for them). I average around 16 seconds with that method, and the world record is also held with that method. The WR is 5.xx seconds btw.

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
as to your question about how many alg's there are and which are the "best one's"? there are thousands upon thousands and as the for the "best" there are no best algs but rather personal pick algs YOU find comfortable also someone suggested that once you get to around 1 minute change to cfop/fridrich I'm going to say don't just yet instead try other methods like roux petrus etc