• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

what type of cube do you think is best for speedcubing??

what cube for you is the best? (your main cube in short)

• Total voters

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
im sorry to say this, but a lot of people will get angry soon...
im afraid this thread is very generic - a lot of people have posted them before, you just have to use the search function properly to find out.
cube type is completely personal. i have personally found that each cube is different from another, regardless of type.
Erik akkersdijk uses type (b) hybrid with something else (i think c), nakajima used a storebought for his WR single.
most people use old (a) or old (d). there are three new (a) types on cube4you, they all feel quite different. the new (d) type is meant to be quite bad from the start. it is essential that the core is swapped, and different springs/screws are used.
i hope that nobody else posts here, this thread will then hopefully die.
sorry to put you down like this, im just trying to prepare you for forum life ;)

EDIT
whoooooops
i thought the thread was a 'what do good people use?' which you could probably find out by searching.
lol i retract everything i said there that wasnt info... :s

Last edited:

Leviticus

I don't think their has been a thread like this, asking your personal opinion on what cube you use for speedcubing.

I used to use a type (d), but now i use a New Type (a) Third Model.

ImNOTnoob

Im using a type d, but since my parents don't know about it (i will get a scolding if they know..), i use my locky painted diansheng.
I think the japanese speedcubing kit is best for me, reading reviews on it... Its a bit to pricey for me. :(
I think storeboughts are good for speedcubing, but it takes luck to get a good one; nid to buy like 10 of them but only 2-3 are good.
All my friends use storeboughts. :)

N

nitrocan

im sorry to say this, but a lot of people will get angry soon...

I think the Search button should be a little bigger and there should be a :"HAVE YOU SEARCHED IF THERE'S A SIMILAR THREAD TO THE ONE YOU ARE ABOUT TO OPEN?" on top of the page that you open threads.

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have two good storboughts that are my main speedcubes, but since I have nothing else to compare with I probably shouldn't be posting here. Anyway, one is very creamy like a Type A DIY (I tried one that someone in a mall had) and my other is more choppy. Both are good.

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I would(if I could) vote for Type A and Dian Sheng(even though I don't own one but when I use my friends' I usually kick ass). But I voted for Type A since that is my main cube.

Just to ask, is an Edison 4x4 nicer than Rubik's?

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what a good idea for a thread. No one has thought of this before.

but since it's here, I wanna extend and add a question on the type F cubes that Arnaud talks about.

Is the DIY cube on Dealextreme.com a Type F??

link here

if not, what is it?

I can't tell from the picture. They are easy to recognise though. They have centercaps on all 6 centers, but also on all corners and edges. They are extremely light and have very small openings on the inside of an edge. They also have "paper" stickers, but those are not bad (not great either).

Kevin.

WCA
2008CAPU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
type d's are great when you first get therm but they break and unscrew themselves after awhile. new type a's (3rd model) not very good either. but i love my new diangsheng cubes (type e) THEY ROCK MY SOCKS... well fingers or... idk something. they jam a little but you get used to it but smoooooooth turning for sure. i dont do OH other then for fun so im not sure if there good OH cubes but there very light weight and if you are a "cube mechanic" like myself there fun to make faster with maintenance like sanding, lubing etc. also putting on type a cubies to e core is okay at least with my a cubies.

Last edited:

cookingfat

WCA
2009HARP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what a good idea for a thread. No one has thought of this before.

but since it's here, I wanna extend and add a question on the type F cubes that Arnaud talks about.

Is the DIY cube on Dealextreme.com a Type F??

link here

if not, what is it?

I can't tell from the picture. They are easy to recognise though. They have centercaps on all 6 centers, but also on all corners and edges. They are extremely light and have very small openings on the inside of an edge. They also have "paper" stickers, but those are not bad (not great either).

Ok cool. What made me think it was a Type F is the roundness of the cubies. all the pictures I've seen of type F have these rounded cubies.

DX is such a cool site, I'm going to order some xmas gifts, so I might just order one of these anyway, along with a pyraminx, sq-1 and a magic.

edit - so it's a type C, thanks for clearing that guys.