• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Keeps You Cubing?

qwertycuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wanted to start this thread, because I want to know what keeps you staying interested in cubing. I personally stay cubing, because I always get motivated to try harder whenever a new record is beaten. What about you?

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
I keep cubing for lots of dofferent reasons. Mainly it's because it's fun to do and it's great to see myself keep improving, gives me hope I'll be really fast one day :p. I love going to competitions, they're great places to meet new people, and it's a great feeling when you beat your official pbs and get good times.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, for one, my friends probably wouldn't let me quit any time soon. They really like to see this kind of stuff. (One of them is still asking me if he can have my Thunderclap) Second, it's a really fun hobby to solve and collect puzzles. Third, every once in a while, I get to go to a competition and I meet other cubers and people to whom I'm subscribed on YouTube. Fourth, I'm in 8th grade currently, and a bunch of 5th graders that came into my school started to get into cubing. Two of them are on my school bus, and I give them helpful tips. We kind of caused a bit of a problem in my school's library, when too many of us were cubing at once, so a morning announcement came along in homeroom. Considering I'm Rubik's Cube Guy the Original, my homeroom teacher asked if I could read the announcements. And it quickly became obvious why. There was an announcement saying that Rubik's Cube enthusiasts shouldn't cube in the library, between classes, or in the cafeteria. Which basically meant we had to go outside to cube. In the winter. No thanks, I'll just play cards with my 8th grade friends. All of my friends heard that announcement and immediately I came to mind. People were saying that the new rule is stupid, mean, and all that stuff. I just kind of laughed it off though. But that's besides the point. It just makes me realize what I've started in my middle school. And if I quit cubing, Welp, I'd just leave those fellows hanging. Forever. Also, I cube because it's what people like to see. Why would I keep such a talent a secret when I could impress my friends (then they ask me for all the 3x3s I don't use as my main)?

KenBrace

I wanted to start this thread, because I want to know what keeps you staying interested in cubing. I personally stay cubing, because I always get motivated to try harder whenever a new record is beaten. What about you?

Not sure. Just plain ol' fashioned interest I guess. I love doing it. The way it actively engages your mind and fingers simultaneously feels great.

It's also somewhat of an addiction. I find it difficult to go more than a day or two without some cubing time.

Royalcuber

I'm new to cubing so what keeps me cubing is I keep wanting to get faster and it's just fun I just ordered a Dayan zhanchi thanks

Kudz

I am this guy, who never wants to be good at something. If am good I want to be the best.. Firstly I wanted to be faster than my friends. They quited and stay just, because I need to be better. Cubing is fun for me too.

Main reason is my character.

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
Um... my house? My bedroom? I don't know what you're asking.
lol
In all seriousness, I don't know. I mostly want to podium at a comp or something, and keep my streak of solving every day alive (been doing it since June 4th 2015), but I don't know after I podium and my streak breaks.