• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is your most memorable PB?

GoranRC

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Guys! I've been cubing for Not long. And i just, JUST! Learned F2L, 2 days ago. Normally i used beginners method (Layer By Layer). My Beginner's PB is 1 minute 1 seconds. But now that i learned F2L I just have to practice and the time will launch up for sure ;)

Hari

WCA
2013ANIR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got this just now and beats my old 4BLD PB by 10 seconds.. Definitely my most memorable PB!
2:57.84[1:27.96] F2 Fw R L Uw' B L F R Uw' B' U' Rw' F' B2 Uw2 B' F D2 Fw F B' Uw B2 R' Fw2 U2 L' B Rw D Uw Fw2 D Uw R' L2 U2 Fw' F2

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
e0555f1d72aa5674df813ebc4ce38b0e.jpg

Got it on the train back from a cube meet.

WCA
2015DEOA01
When i got a new 2x2 PB today of 1.39 and when i got my first ever sub 1 solve on 3x3....i can't forget that reaction when i was running all around...hahahahahaha

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
My two most recent 5x5 PBs are by far the most memorable. Those two solves decreased my PB by 30 seconds total.

I usually break PBs by tiny, tiny amounts when I break them. I broke my 3x3 single PB close to 10 times over the course of 6 or so months, and that took it from mid 9 to 8.93. (It's 7.58 now, so I finally had a big jump, but point stands.) Even my 7x7 single PB, which should have bigger jumps compared to other events, usually decreases a second or two at a time.

5x5 is the one event for me to buck that trend. I've only broken my single PB twice in the last year, but it's been by huge amounts both times. My PB was 1:38, and I somehow got a 1:21 solve. I was more shocked and confused and worried that my timer had malfunctioned than I was happy at that time. Over the next 6 months, my global average improved more than 15 seconds, but I didn't beat the single. After what felt like forever, I broke that 1:21 single with a 1:08; another massive jump that skipped ever having a 1:1x.xx PB. Unlike the previous solve I mentioned, I could tell the solve was really fast throughout, and was thrilled. My PB went from 1:38 to 1:08 over the course of two PB solves. Crazy.

Last edited:

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Probably my 5/5 MBLD at Naoned Open 2010. I had never gotten better results than 2/2 before, my 3 cubes attempts at the previous three comps were all DNFs, and the only time I had attempted 5 at home, result was 1/5. I originally planned to attempt 3 once again, but we happened to be ahead of schedule, so I decided to try 5 just for fun: not only I got an unexpected success, but it was NR at that time:) (previous NR was 5/5 too but a bit slower).