• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is your main 3x3?

What is your main 3x3?

• Total voters

dboeren

I haven't really settled on one yet, I have an Aolong v2, Yueying, and Yuxin. Probably the Aolong v2 if I had to pick one. I agree with the earlier poster that the stickers on the Yuxin could use replacement. They aren't peeling or anything but the colors have poor contrast., especially red/orange.

Yuxin. It's great, but it pops a lot, like 1 out of 20 solves. It might just be my turning style, tho. I'll probably replace it soon.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
The YJ SuLong has been my main for a long time in spite of trying many of the popular cubes. Right now the YuXin 3x3 is a strong contender for replacing it but I need to spend some more time with it to be sure.

Tgrede

You mean QiYi

Ok everyone says Newisland just rebrands QiYi. I wouldn't know as I've never played with a QiYi. But I do know that NewIsland usually has better reviews that QiYi. And from unboxing videos I've seen, lets face it and agree that NewIslands boxings are wonderful (Granted its not a huge part of the cube itself it adds to the presentation of the first experience) And I think even if they are rebranded QiYi's, NewIsland did it better than QiYi did anyway.

Forcefulness

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok everyone says Newisland just rebrands QiYi. I wouldn't know as I've never played with a QiYi. But I do know that NewIsland usually has better reviews that QiYi. And from unboxing videos I've seen, lets face it and agree that NewIslands boxings are wonderful (Granted its not a huge part of the cube itself it adds to the presentation of the first experience) And I think even if they are rebranded QiYi's, NewIsland did it better than QiYi did anyway.

The cubes are exactly the same, from the same factory. NewIsland is just more fancily packaged and more expensive.

chee16

I'm switching back and forth between a gans 357 with 11mm springs and a hualong with cx3 soft springs. I'm leaning towards the hualong though. I've also got an aolong v2, weilong v2, 2 55mm zhanchis (one heavily modded, one stock), a guhong, sulong, yulong, guanlong, and even a shengshou cheapo (for the young kids to beat on, lol). I'm not an expert or that fast (22.75sec pb using 3lll) but I have lots to choose from. Next will most likely be a 356. It sounds right up my alley.

Cheers

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually I'm really enjoying my MoYu Huanying, I set it up and re stickered it with YuXin stickers, and it's pretty good, and fits my turning style (YuXin stickers actually kinda look cool on it.) So MoYu Huanying for back up and probably either Aolong v2 or Gans356 for my main main.