• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What cubes are you buying for christmas

D

Deleted member 54663

I think it's because magnetic cubes slightly repel each other so when pro mblders move a bunch of cubes at once, if they're magnetic they could separate from each other more easily while non magnetic cubes will stay together more easily
Exactly, I think I saw a video where a gts3m and a guhong v3 were repelling each other due to their magnets.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
- GAN i Carry - Definitely Looking forward to this one, hopefully it comes out in December like they said and we can get a hold of one
- GAN Timer - Looks good, interested to see how the Bluetooth functionality with CUBESTATION
Very late, but I haven’t heard about either of these. Would you mind / be allowed to explain?

D

Deleted member 54663

If you hands are small it would be great. I think they dayan guhong V3 is amazing, but my hands are a little big for it. Great oh cube thoughe.
the v3 is 54mm. the zhilong is 50. that's a large difference, and even for a person with small hands, a 50mm cube is too small.

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
CubeHead (@GAN CUBER), I'm thinking of getting a GAN 11 M Pro, Mystic Lube, and 2 YuXin Little Magic M 3x3s (one for me and one for my friend who likes Rubik's cubes) based on your video (and others). Thanks for inspiring me to get that GAN setup!

Also, one of my favorite videos right now is your "My first Competition" video.

DNF_Cuber

CubeHead (@GAN CUBER), I'm thinking of getting a GAN 11 M Pro, Mystic Lube, and 2 YuXin Little Magic M 3x3s (one for me and one for my friend who likes Rubik's cubes) based on your video (and others). Thanks for inspiring me to get that GAN setup!

pretty sure hes not cubehead.

RiceMan_

here's my list:
- RS3M 2020 (cuz my GTS3M is getting old)
- stackmat timer (i don't have a timer)
- new 4x4 (can someone recommend a good 4x4)

NatoCuber54

WCA
2018MINK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
here's my list:
- RS3M 2020 (cuz my GTS3M is getting old)
- stackmat timer (i don't have a timer)
- new 4x4 (can someone recommend a good 4x4)
My favorite 4x4s are the Moyu Aosu GTS2 M and the Meilong M. You could get the Aosu WR M, it is smaller and it is basically the same as a GTS2 M. I personally didn't like it as I prefer a bigger size, and for some reason one of the sides of the cube had a lot of friction on it. I would say those are the best options. Some other good ones are the Valk 4 M (Only get it if you know how to set up cubes) and the YJ YuSu V2 M (It feels very similar to the GTS2 M, but just a little less refined. When I tried it at a comp, I thought it was a GTS2 M.) I don't recommend getting anything other than that, the MGC I've heard is worth than the Meilong but double the price, same with the RS4 M.

Last edited:

DNF_Cuber

WDYM
My favorite 4x4s are the Moyu Aosu GTS2 M and the Meilong M. You could get the Aosu WR M, it is smaller and it is basically the same. I personally didn't like it as I prefer a bigger size, and for some reason one of the sides of the cube had a lot of friction on it. I would say those are the best options. Some other good ones are the Valk 4 M (Only get it if you know how to set up cubes) and the YJ YuSu V2 M (It feels very similar to the GTS2 M, but just a little less refined. When I tried it at a comp, I thought it was a GTS2 M.) I don't recommend getting anything other than that, the MGC I've heard is worth than the Meilong but double the price, same with the RS4 M.

the MGC has gotten good reviews

GAN CUBER

Guess ill have to change my proflie pic lol