• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wellington Autumn 2014 (New Zealand)

Which dates are good for you, and how likely you will be there?

• Total voters

KiwiCuber

WCA
2013ASBE01
UPDATE

UPDATE:

Date confirmed as Sunday the 4th of May
I have organised the location to be the Newtown Function rooms, Roy Street, Newtown Park
(https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x6d38aff9f0533edb:0x90013e68d867941chttps://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Roy+Street+Retreat/@-41.3169201,174.7870808,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6d38aff9f0533edb:0x90013e68d867941c) i realise the link is to a retreat but im just giving the street + general location here.

Other details TBC closer to the date

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll be there if the Victory aren't in the grand final. I won't know until much closer to the time, but at this stage it's not looking completely unrealistic so I might have to miss out :(

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Skewb should be a event that is happening it's short. What about feet there will be two competitors at least. We could do what I did at NZ Nats last year. I guess those details will be finalised later. We should try and get a news article about this in newspaper. A Wellington one is best. Have an article on it about stuff or something. I will try and get a notice in the daily notices at my school in an attempt to get some more people. I might get one or two.

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Srsly people you all need to be more patient. All information will come with time. Just be grateful you finally get a competition.

SixSidedCube

WCA
2012LOUD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey hey! I can make it if when I fly down on the Saturday, there will be someone able to pick me up/host me at their house for the night. I'm happy with cuddling the floor! It'd be really good to catch up with some of the older cubers, as well as meet the new crew! :D

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm starting to feel signing up for 3 bld was a bad idea. I haven't attempted a solve in while. And I have done ~30 solves and don't have success I need to work on memo. At least there's still five weeks left. 2 of which is holidays.

SixSidedCube

WCA
2012LOUD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm starting to feel signing up for 3 bld was a bad idea. I haven't attempted a solve in while. And I have done ~30 solves and don't have success I need to work on memo. At least there's still five weeks left. 2 of which is holidays.

Dude, I think you should still stay signed up to 3bld. Like you said, there is still ages until the competition, and you also have the competition itself to practise at too! You'll do fine! :D