• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

WCA North American Championships 2020

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Posted on CubeUSA FB - there will not be US Nationals 2020:
Announcement Regarding CubingUSA Nationals

As you all might be aware, North America will be hosting its first Continental Championships in 2020 in Toronto, Canada. After hosting Nationals for 14 consecutive years, CubingUSA has decided that we will not be holding a National Championship in 2020. Instead, we hope to see all of you at WCA North American Championships 2020 in Toronto Canada. If you haven't already, check out their Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/NAChamps2020/)

We want to acknowledge the importance of Continental Championships as well as take a break to return bigger and better in 2021. Thanks for your support!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
NOOOOOOOOO, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US!!!!!
As much as it is sad to see/have no US Nats 2020, I think that it is the right move for this time since it is the first time doing a Continental Championships. Hopefully if everything goes smoothy next year there the following year there can be both Continental Champs and US Nats.

Iwannaganx

It seems a little unfair to people that can't go to Canada for whatever reason, but if you flip it it's fine. Heaps of people can't go to America every year for US nats for plenty of reasons as well. It all evens out

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
It seems a little unfair to people that can't go to Canada for whatever reason, but if you flip it it's fine. Heaps of people can't go to America every year for US nats for plenty of reasons as well. It all evens out
It does and I do also think that there would be enough interest for both comps, but again it is probably the right decision for this time.

There is a chance I can go so if that works out I am really looking forward to it.

U

Underwatercuber

Unfortunate but good move imo, it would really suck if NA champs or US nats couldn’t be as big as they could be because of the split conflicts of interest, by stepping aside this year it directs everyone to NA champs.

Reizii_

WCA
2019LAWS01
>na champs in canada
>live in michigan
>less than five hours away

Maybe not the best place to put it, but it's at least close enough for me. Can't please everyone, I suppose.

U

Underwatercuber

Anyone down for a carpool? The drive would be spread across 2-5 days. It would save a pretty decent amount of money on travel cost.

Attachments

• FF6CC6EC-679E-4E50-8EA8-8798781C549A.jpeg
    FF6CC6EC-679E-4E50-8EA8-8798781C549A.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 15