• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] Easiest beginners method, Erik

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I finally managed to finish off my beginners tutorial. It's the easiest method there is and can be learned very fast.

Steps:
1. cross (flower) and then match up and do half a move
2. corners first layer, match and then sexy move
3. edges 2nd layer: sexy move, turn the cube, sexy move on the other side
4. edge orientation: F sexy move F'
5. corner permutation, to switch 2 corners on the right side do: 3 times sexy move y 3 times sexy move on the left side
6. corner orientation: flip the cube, do sexy moves until the corner is twisted correct, do a D move and continue
7. edge permutation: sexy move, sexy move other side, 5 times sexy move, 5 times sexy move other side

Enjoy! I think the method is perfect for beginners, better than Dan Browns since there is only 1 algorithm and because it's explained more thorough than: "first step is making a cross, good luck". The explanation... not sure, I'm not the best teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
(R U R' U') (L' U' L U) (R U R' U') (R U R' U') (R U R' U') (R U R' U') (R U R' U') (L' U' L U) (L' U' L U) (L' U' L U) (L' U' L U) (L' U' L U) for U-perm? I'm sorry but if you want to use sexy move, why not just (R U R' U') (L' U' L U) (U R U' R') (U' L' U L). Surely they're more likely to stuff up doing the amount you say than this.

Sorry, but I had to say :) (constructive criticism!)

BC1997

YouTube
Visit Channel
I saw it just for the heck of it, it is really detailed and it is probably the best video on youtube. Even the stupidest of people can understand this, you made a really good video.

blah

brah
I've been teaching a *very* similar method, but with U R U' R' and U' L' U L.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very almost a perfect video for kids. Nice slow explanation, surely anyone could follow it :)
However, massive facepalm for making it completely inappropriate for kids by saying F*** in the first few seconds.

Coke

WCA
2011MCDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
for kids, blonde girls, and even my mom.

THAT WAS PRICELESS XD

even so, good tutorial, very simple to use. I might just use this to teach n00bs if i ever need to :D