• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] V Cube 3 First Impressions/Review

Thorsten

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

i got my V Cube 3 today and wondered why there are no videos and reviews about it, so i decided to make one.

As said in the video:
Reviews and Videos are not my type of hobby, I just wanted to show the pieces and tell you my impressions about the new V-Cube.

So don't expect to much but have fun watching it:

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

asportking

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, those pieces are really similar to a Guhong. Doesn't look very good compared to Dayan cubes though, I think I'll stick with my Zhanchi.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks so much for making the video. It appears like it's just a less refined Guhong. Which I guess that makes it a good cube, but not as good as a dayan.

G

Georgeanderre

15 Minutes ago: might save up for a V-Cube 3
Now: Nah, I'm fine with a ZhanChi :)

Sounds awfully clunky and clicky...

coldplay

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, this was awfully underwhelming...

Like most others, I'm sticking with my ZhanChi as my main. But I'm getting this anyway as a novelty item and just to see if I can make something great out of it (with modding and such).

Oh and another thing... the video's time is 13 minutes and 37 seconds. 13:37.

da cube iz leet

Last edited:

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would you say this is worth the amount it costs? I'm pretty sure I won't get one (unless they release different coloured plastics) but, given that it costs more than a Guhong in most situations, would you say that it is worth buying one for the sake of speedcubing? (ie: using it as a main cube; not just having one in your collection etc.)

Thorsten

YouTube
Visit Channel
Would you say this is worth the amount it costs? I'm pretty sure I won't get one (unless they release different coloured plastics) but, given that it costs more than a Guhong in most situations, would you say that it is worth buying one for the sake of speedcubing? (ie: using it as a main cube; not just having one in your collection etc.)

I do not want to give any advice that sounds like the one truth!
But if you ask for my opinion: I'm staying with my Lubix Fusion (+ Torpedos, so its maybe a Elite).

chewbacca1229

I HAVE THE CUBE AND IT ISNT AT ALL LIKE THE GUHONG!! The corners aren't even the same idea and the edges are more boxy on the v-3. I will admit it isn't great when I first assembled it but I WOULD 100 PERCENT BUY THIS AS A SPEEDCUBE!! IT IS VERY FAST AND CUTS WELL...only complaint is the stickers are annoying