• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

V-Cube 2 Lubrication Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, I am brand new to threads on this site. I have a V-Cube 2 coming in the mail, and I was wondering if I should put CRC Silicone Spray into it. I like my cubes to be smooth yet speedy. I've been cubing for a little while now and have been really enjoying it. Thanks:cool:

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have noticed whether put spray or gel lube in a V-cube it makes little difference as long as its silicon based. Also you make a bad decision getting a V-cube as Type C is far superior than V-cubes.

Where did you get the idea that V-cube was the best for 2x2?

monkeytherat

The answer is the same as any v-cube related question, "don't use v-cubes". But since you already bought it, I recommend Maru if you don't mind re-lubing about every week. If you want a libricant with a longer lifespan, lube it internally with 50k wt differential oil (traxxas or ofna). After writing this, I realized this thread should probably be Here: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?21212-Lubrication-Thread so sorry if I made this harder to merge :/

monkeytherat

It creates a white powder in the cube which is difficult to get out withiut washing it so thoroughly, you remove all traces of lubrication. This white powder gets inside the core and sands down the insides ove time, as well as giving the cube a weird feel. The spray also stains plastic, and I'm pretty sure it corrodes it, just not as much as petroleum.

Also, the lubrication wears out rather quickly, and when it's done getting worse, the cube generally feels worse than pre-lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.