• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

US Nationals 2014 Podium Prediction Fantasy League

Nihahhat

WCA
2013LANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone! I've prepared a fantasy league-esque game for the upcoming US National Championships. All you have to do to enter is to fill out the form at the bottom of the page - and no, you don't have to be going to US Nationals to take part!

The rules are simple - try to predict the podiums of Nats and fill in the competitors' names (FULL names, please) into the spaces. For every name you put in the correct position, you earn one point. Obviously, the person with the most points will win the competition! Note that you don't have to get the entire podiums to win points; if some of your predictions are correct, points will rack up under your name.

Keep in mind that you are not allowed to edit your predictions after you've submitted. Completed forms are due by Wednesday, July 30, at 11:59 PM EDT. Leaving blanks on the form IS allowed, but not encouraged (there's no advantage to leaving a blank over guessing randomly).

If you're unsure, refer to the US Nationals Psych Sheet as a guide.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eHA8nLm7_4a7L-ZeS555UiZTj3NFvF9wmQfeUbbL6UA/viewform

Once tabulated, the final results (along with some statistics) will be announced in this thread. This will happen no more than two days after the end of US Nationals.

RESULTS!

If you have any questions or comments, let me know! I look forward to seeing how this turns out! Good luck, have fun, and choose wisely!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just fyi, the judges round will happen before the closing of this fantasy on Thursday. Most of the events will be just first rounds, but if a judge were to set incredible times in feet, which only has a final round, that would give someone an advantage to wait until Thursday night to fill out their prediction.

Nihahhat

WCA
2013LANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just fyi, the judges round will happen before the closing of this fantasy on Thursday. Most of the events will be just first rounds, but if a judge were to set incredible times in feet, which only has a final round, that would give someone an advantage to wait until Thursday night to fill out their prediction.

Agh, I forgot! Thanks for the heads up, I've changed the due date to Wednesday to avoid complications.

D

Deleted member 19792

Brest: Hey Feliks solve this
Feliks: Ok!
Brest then records a video of the solve, and uses the 19 move solution Feliks presented in that solve.
The WDC then sees that Brest used a video camera.
Brest is disqualified
FELIKSWINSLOL

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My world records predictions

2x2 avg Rami
7x7 wr single Kevin
7x7 wr avg Kevin
pyraminx avg Drew
minx wr avg Feliks

at least one 5.xx 3x3 single from Feliks ;)

WCA
2012PATE01
2x2: rami and Chris tie
3x3: Mats get revenge ;) but his WR Will be broken
4x4:FELIKS!!
5x5:FELIKS!!
6x6:Kevin with WR avg
7x7:Kevin WR avg
OH: FELIKS!!
Pyra: Drew fricking B rads
Mega: Feliks
Skoob: Raming gets WR and wins aswell

Nihahhat

WCA
2013LANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
tFNo2wQ.png

Congrats to 'eido' for guessing the most podium positions correctly and winning the competition! :D

Thank you all for participating!

I will be posting here again in a few days with some more fun statistics.

You can view everyone's guesses (as well as which ones were correct) here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...M0ia0Ys-qMuT8iQBl9EbiN8nw/edit#gid=2074094876 There's bound to be a mistake in there somewhere, so if you think anything's wrong, please let me know.