• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
do people actually collect all the big nxn cubes they can? I've never been into big cubes so I would at most own one big puzzle and leave it at that. maybe others do want every size cube for collecting

Manxkiwi

I've got the Moyu cubes from 8 to 12, with the 15 also. I'm contemplating getting the relatively new cubic 13 (as opposed to the earlier and much bigger pillowed 13). I really like doing big cubes, I'm not particularly fast, just enjoy them.
There are now 14 and 19, 21 etc available. But I feel I cant really justify getting all of them, as it gets expensive!!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
do people actually collect all the big nxn cubes they can? I've never been into big cubes so I would at most own one big puzzle and leave it at that. maybe others do want every size cube for collecting
I enjoy having multiple big cubes in different sizes but I don’t see the need to have multiple of the same size, especially since I’m not soeedsolving large NxNs.

I still need 10-14 and I’ve thought many times whilst solving my Moyu 15 that the 11 would be the perfect big cube size for balancing the excitement of solving a huge cube and time required to finish.

I wish more manufactures made stickered NxNs in the large sizes.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
My biggest cube is an 8x8, and I'm hoping to get up to 11 maybe, but the real holy grail of collecting for me would be a full shengshou kilominx-petaminx (since the bigger ones are completely insane). So far I only have the kilominx but if I can find an old shengshou mega then I'll probably end up getting a master kilo and gigaminx

Kaiju_cube

I get what i can to a limit. I don't like spending more than $200. on a single puzzle though I would for something I really wanted.

But once you get up to $500-$1,000. puzzles I just don't want to pay that.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

Kaiju_cube

Gan 11 M pro UV coated feels very much like the Guhong v4. It has that same hollow lightweight with a crispy snap to the magnets feeling. I have both on my desk and I'm always surprised how much if feels like the UV coated Gan 11.

I really like DaYan and think they're the closest feeling to Gan without the big Gan price tag.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Gan 11 M pro UV coated feels very much like the Guhong v4. It has that same hollow lightweight with a crispy snap to the magnets feeling. I have both on my desk and I'm always surprised how much if feels like the UV coated Gan 11.

I really like DaYan and think they're the closest feeling to Gan without the big Gan price tag.

Supposedly newer batches have a washer to prevent center piece breaking. I might give it a go due to its solid reputation (aside from the plastic breaking ofc)