• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Even though its just another 11M Pro, I actually like this variation and they're approach to mix the internal colors.This is one of the few Gan copies/ collection items that I would buy (but I dont have $90 for a 3x3 :/ )
one of them is already out of stock!

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if its the primary plastic talking but the outside of that cube looks just like a Valk Elite

I'm not too excited about this cube though, It probably won't be any better than the WRM 2020 or RS3M 2020

I'm also sad that we are probably gonna have to deal with license plates again like with the MF3RS2M and the MF3RS3M

TC also just came out with a review

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
There’s now a mass-produced Master FTO. @PingPongCuber is this the one that you unboxed, or did you get a one-of-a-kind?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
There’s now a mass-produced Master FTO. @PingPongCuber is this the one that you unboxed, or did you get a one-of-a-kind?

Very cool to see, though not a fan of the price point or the box :p

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel

That is the kind that we both got. It’s a pretty cool puzzle but pops very easily

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if its the primary plastic talking but the outside of that cube looks just like a Valk Elite

I'm not too excited about this cube though, It probably won't be any better than the WRM 2020 or RS3M 2020

I'm also sad that we are probably gonna have to deal with license plates again like with the MF3RS2M and the MF3RS3M

TC also just came out with a review
There is apparently going to be a version with a maglev core, which I would assume replaces springs. Chris Tran experimented with it a while back so I’m excited to try it out.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
the wrm 2021 looks like an improved 2020. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, given how near-identical they are.
I'm guessing it's going to be similar to the Tengyun v2 where the mech really wasn't changed a ton. Basically, if you already have the 2020 I would go out on a limb and say that getting the 2021 is redundant.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm guessing it's going to be similar to the Tengyun v2 where the mech really wasn't changed a ton. Basically, if you already have the 2020 I would go out on a limb and say that getting the 2021 is redundant.

Will have to come back to this message after we've set up the cube.
Right now it's on a strong magnet setting so feels different to the regular WRM so maybe after setting it to a similar setting we'll be able to get an accurate comparison.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Lots of new additions at the cubicle, though not all are new puzzles. The price reduction of the Dr. M Pyraminx from $49.99 to $29.99 is exciting.

View attachment 16036View attachment 16037View attachment 16038
feel bad for the people who ordered right away thinking it will go out of stock quickly.
All it does is add weight. I currently can't think of any advantages, but there might be a lot in the further future as speedcubes continue to evolve.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
To any cube designers or manufacturers who might be watching this thread:

Congratulations. You can make minor tweaks to 3x3s and call them revolutionary. You can make silly shape mods and sell out in days. You can make economical puzzles with magnets in them. You can make megaminxes that are so much better than anything that was available even a few years ago. You can even make stickerless big cubes bigger and cheaper than I would have imagined possible. You've even made new clocks and a 12x12, puzzles that were considered impossible when this thread was started. That's all wonderful. I have been watching this thread for 3 years now looking for one simple puzzle. I know you can make it, I'm truly baffled as to why it has taken this long.

It's time for a stickerless gigaminx.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
To any cube designers or manufacturers who might be watching this thread:

Congratulations. You can make minor tweaks to 3x3s and call them revolutionary. You can make silly shape mods and sell out in days. You can make economical puzzles with magnets in them. You can make megaminxes that are so much better than anything that was available even a few years ago. You can even make stickerless big cubes bigger and cheaper than I would have imagined possible. You've even made new clocks and a 12x12, puzzles that were considered impossible when this thread was started. That's all wonderful. I have been watching this thread for 3 years now looking for one simple puzzle. I know you can make it, I'm truly baffled as to why it has taken this long.

It's time for a stickerless gigaminx.

Unfortunately the gigaminx market is quite small as many people I suspect already feel megaminx is a long enough solve. I expect MoYu or ShengShou to eventually make one, but they should focus on a good square-1, kilominx, or FTO first.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Unfortunately the gigaminx market is quite small as many people I suspect already feel megaminx is a long enough solve. I expect MoYu or ShengShou to eventually make one, but they should focus on a good square-1, kilominx, or FTO first.
Are you suggesting the 15x15 market is bigger? Or the Examinx market?