• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
GAN has released too many 3x3s, if the company wants to stay relevant it needs to release a lot less 3x3s and maybe more other puzzles. $20 is hardly a budget cube: that’s roughly flagship price for any other brand. Look at the YJ MGC and Yuxin Little Magic line for the cubes that are doing it right.

I feel the exact same way

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
If GAN will release a new product line that offer a magnetic 3x3 at less than 20 bucks what do you guys think?
We don’t want more 3x3s. We want a skewb and a pyra and a clock that works. GAN has made its name selling extremely expensive 3x3s, which is fine. Do that all you want. I’m not going to buy them because I don’t like the feeling of GAN 3x3s. What the community wants is for GAN as a company to fill in the gaps left by the other major companies, and at this point that means big cubes and side events.
Additionally, you guys have such a sense for making things as pricey as humanly possible that any cube under $20 you make would probably have the quality of an 8 dollar magnetic cube from another company.

KW24

An MGC 4x4 sounds like it's either the best cube in the market or a major disappointment. 4x4 hardware are famously not so good and there had been many disappointments in 4x4 history (We are looking at you Aosu GTS1 and The Valk 4 M). I never tried any 4x4 hardware but I heard things are not consistent in terms of size and inner layer performance. So let's hope an MGC 4x4 gets rid of all the jokes of 4x4 hardware like the MGC 6x6 did for 6x6 hardware.

P.S: I am aware that there are many people who really like The Valk 4 M and even use it as their main. I am saying it is a disappointment as the reception of the cube is rather mixed as there are people who really did not like its performance.

Sion

Gan,

You have barely updated your base design since 2015. Please update your base model to something new.

Pro tip from a fellow desisnger: optimize the i design for a comp legal model. It has a ton of potential due to the large inner radius and would also be extremely light.

If you specialize in 3x3, start making new designs instead of making minimal changes to one design and selling it at multiple price points.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's because we specialize in 3x3.

Then do this, please:

Also custom stickerless schemes: sell puzzles as a core/hardware and pick 6 of maybe 12-15 colors. People would get 7 baggies of parts and assemble it themselves. Shipping should cost the same or a little less, and you skip the step of actually assembling the puzzle.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I swapped out the edges of the gan 356M with gan 354v2M edges and vice versa and it feels very similar, the two cubes are the same design. I reckon I can push that further, at some point I think I'll try and make a cube with a complete mixture of pieces from the xv2, xs, 356M and 354 v2M and maybe even the original X, please make some new designs, Gan

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I swapped out the edges of the gan 356M with gan 354v2M edges and vice versa and it feels very similar, the two cubes are the same design. I reckon I can push that further, at some point I think I'll try and make a cube with a complete mixture of pieces from the xv2, xs, 356M and 354 v2M and maybe even the original X, please make some new designs, Gan

Gan Yeet?

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How good is the YJ Yu line?
Yupo
Yulong
and all the others?
How close to the MGC line
They are pretty good, the 3x3 is very good, especially if you get the pro shop version from The Cubicle, the 4x4 is great, but I think the Little Magic M is a little bit better because it has better corner cutting, but as a result is a little bit more unstable, and the 2x2 is just standard and good, like most 2x2s. I haven't tried and others.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How good is the YJ Yu line?
Yupo
Yulong
and all the others?
How close to the MGC line
The Yulong v2m is very good.
The Yusu v2m is above average.
The Yuchuang v2m is pretty good, probably the best budget 5x5.
The Yushi v2m is very good, fast and good performing.
The Yufu v2m is fantastic. Super-fast. Highly recommended. The best 7x7 under $40.

The MGC 6x6 is better than the Yushi but you won't be unhappy with the Yushi.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the advice I just ordered the Yuchuang V2m, lubicle speedy and Weight 5 from @speedcubecomau which is cool
I will probably order a yushi and yufu when I feel like doing big cubes. So is the Yu V2M line basically a budget MGC line. I mean the MGC line isnt even that expensive
I also predict that YJ will overtake Moyu and Qiyi soon with the amount of cubes at good prices they are selling, and how much they are posting and growing on social media - insta and facebook i think

Capcubeing

hi I currently main the angstrom wrm and the tengyun I tern to like slower cubes and dont like gan cubes any suggestions. Also should I get a gts2m or gts3m beause I want a refresh.