• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wasn't Ron van Bruchem the man that once "cancelled" a 2x2x2 scramble because it was to easy?

I am wondering if 4x4x4 average and 5x5x5 average have also been broken. If you can do 46.63 (single) it shouldn't be that hard to get a sub-59 average.

Congratulations Mátyás, Rama and Ron! (and Breandon, but I have hearded his name before)

I want to see the full results!

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
define lucky scrambles...
a scramble with one whole layer correct would be incredible lucky for somone who solves: one layer-CLL but for a pure guimond solver it's useless!
You could say that a lucky scramble is a scramble solvable with less than say 8 moves. But I also saw a scramble with one move for one whole layer and then the diagonal switch. Optimal was 9 moves and still loads of people managed to do 2 seconds on it.
You have to be very carefull to make regulations for this, maybe 4 moves solves would be bad, but after all the idea of speedcubing is to solve a rubik's cube as fast as possible from a random position. Why should it be 'random but not the easy ones' ? Of course on the other hand we could end up with a 2x2 single WR of 1.5 seconds....

H

hdskull

many ppl did bad on that scramble also, i guess lucky isn't really lucky, after all you have to be able to SEE the easy solution.