• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2011

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm getting a train at 6:08am on Saturday morning (I think that's the right time).

Also, I still have to make a magic and master magic. I've never used a master magic and don't know how to solve one :3

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm getting the 6:30am on Saturday from London Paddington which arrives at Bristol Temple Meads at 8:15. It stops at Reading (6:59), Didcot Parkway (7:12), Swindon (7:30), Chippenham (7:44) and Bath Spa (8:00). If you are on this train drop me a message!

Last edited:

MichaelErskine

Premium Member
WCA
2008ERSK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
MichaelErksine are you getting the train down to Bristol tomorrow? I am in Nottingham toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Temporarily in Nottingham? We're driving down at 5:30am! Tonight I plan to be at Nottingham Hackspace games night - drop me a line (or PM) if you wanna come along.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Oh I forgot to set some targets for myself... so...
3x3: sub15/sub19 haven't practised it since my ZhanChi disappeared 3 weeks ago...
Clock: sub5/sub7 need some luck on the single solve:p
magics: hopefully no any 2:22.22 solves like last year...

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In terms of the unofficial meet ups...

Saturday night will see the return of the cubers at the cider boat, which is called the Apple and is, being a boat, on the river. This is very much a stand up affair as it gets very busy on Saturday, so we'll probably be outside without tables/light so it's not so much a cubing outing. It can also be quite strict with ID, as with everywhere in Bristol, so please don't come if you aren't of age. Before this I'll be having a gathering at my house to order in some pizzas for dinner. Let me know if you want to come tomorrow so I can get an idea of numbers. I live a ten minute walk from the venue and everyone is welcome until I hit capacity, even if you don't plan to come out afterwards.

Tonight I'll be going to some pubs with those staying at mine plus a few others, if you'd like to join us or just need some advice on what to do, feel free to call/text me (07970264157) but please mention who you are!

If you need any help if you get lost you can also contact me for directions, that's not an issue. There is also a great cinema in Cabot Circus which is in the centre about ten minutes from the venue if you fancy that, there are some restaurants around there and loads of shops. If you want directions to something else that isn't pub orientated I can think of a few things, bowling etc. so just ask :)

See you all soon!

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results

Saturday night will see the return of the cubers at the cider boat, which is called the Apple and is, being a boat, on the river. This is very much a stand up affair as it gets very busy on Saturday, so we'll probably be outside without tables/light so it's not so much a cubing outing. It can also be quite strict with ID, as with everywhere in Bristol, so please don't come if you aren't of age. Before this I'll be having a gathering at my house to order in some pizzas for dinner. Let me know if you want to come tomorrow so I can get an idea of numbers. I live a ten minute walk from the venue and everyone is welcome until I hit capacity, even if you don't plan to come out afterwards.
Count me in for Sat. night. So far everywhere here is denying my US ID for some reason (when I lived here I rarely had issues), so I'll bring my passport. See you tomorrow morning.

nickcolley

WCA
2011COLL04
I'd like to come for the pizza if thats OK, I am under-18 though, so no cider boat here.

Hey i'm under 18 too (17) hope it's ok for me to come along too :). Although the cider boat sounds awesome :p.

Edit: Also if anyone wants to buy a Black GuHong off me I have one to sell/trade :)

Last edited:

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Tonight I'll be going to some pubs with those staying at mine plus a few others, if you'd like to join us or just need some advice on what to do, feel free to call/text me (07970264157) but please mention who you are!

If you need any help if you get lost you can also contact me for directions, that's not an issue. There is also a great cinema in Cabot Circus which is in the centre about ten minutes from the venue if you fancy that, there are some restaurants around there and loads of shops. If you want directions to something else that isn't pub orientated I can think of a few things, bowling etc. so just ask :)

See you all soon!

I'd love to come for some pizza and I'll definitely be in the mood for some cider as well. I will have my little suitcase as well since I'm staying down here in Bristol with a friend in the university accomodation for a few days so is it all right if I park my things at your place while we are out? And on the saturday you can help me with buses and stuff?

Also Nick I may want to buy it depends on what I can buy from Selkie. :)

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
A certain ex-competitor might rock up at some point to see all your beautiful faces.

Unfortunately he has no money, so any drinks or food will have to be purchased for him by friendly individuals... please...?