• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doudou

WCA
2004CHAM01
So it turns out that I'm not allowed people to stay in my accommodation according to uni rules... Sorry guiz -__-

Lol and you are surprised by this? They all say this IN CASE THERE IS A FIRE. You can just be stealth if you want/need to, seriously, everyone does it.

In Italy during Italian Open 2010 the four of us (Bence, Brúnó, Milán and me) stayed in a hotel, and I booked a room with 3 beds, thinking one of us will stay on the floor on a sleeping bag. On the second day they found our sleeping bag and they charged us for an extra 100 euros (2 nights for a single room).

Yeah, we are that noob. :)

On topic: I still don't know how to get there, but two things are quite sure:

- I'm going to be there!
- Bence is coming with me. :)

I may come along as well...

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
my magic fell apart... everything is in fine condition I have all 16 strings. could one of you guys restring it for me at the competition? You can keep the paper clip =)

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
I might go to this one. It'll be my first competition. >_<. Is it possible to just go on the Saturday and not Sunday? Or do i have to attend both days?

of course you can attend only one day, and the results you achieve will be recorded to WCA. but it's not fun:p

MichaelErskine

Premium Member
WCA
2008ERSK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh...Haha. >_<. What makes it less fun? =P. I think I'm only going to do 3x3. Can anyone explain to me how the competition system works? >_<

Everything you need to know is in the regulations http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/ but basically, when your group in the 3x3x3 event comes up you'll be asked to hand in your cube to the scramblers and you will need to go and wait in the competitor's area (out of sight of the scramblers!). When your cube has been scrambled a judge (usually just another cuber from another group) will bring your cube (hidden), call your name (if necessary), and you will take your place at one of the competition timers. You can let the judge know if you're unfamiliar with the StackMat timer and they'll tell you what you need to know. When you are ready (the judge will ask you) the judge will reveal the cube and you will be given 15 seconds to examine the cube (without making any solving moves of course). You will have to start the timer and start solving within those 15 seconds and so the judge will give you warnings of when 8 seconds and 12 seconds have elapsed. You solve the cube (hopefully!) and then stop the timer. Your time will be recorded by the judge and you may have to sign the scorecard if there's a penalty. This will all be explained to you as long as you let someone know you haven't done this before. You will enjoy it (that's not a requirement, it's a prediction!)

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Joey cheats. Was I the first to properly register? :)

EDIT: I won't be cos me email doesn't wanna work... :/

Last edited:

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know how people like to go crazy if their registrations don't go through the second they submit them... but I've just updated it with that initial flurry, and I probably won't update until late tonight JUST SO YOU KNOW. Also, Robby gets a lot of points, he emailed me from a boat. Beat that guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.