• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

04mucklowd

WCA
2009MUCK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now I've stayed in some really rough places, but even I chose to sleep in my car that night.
5. The horrible hostel was 007 Hostel or something (the name alone should get the sirens going).
Me and Dan stayed there. Aviod at all costs.
Trust Daniel and doudou and me, Full Moon can't be worse;)

Trust me - I would rather sleep on Brokeback Mountain than 007.

It smelt of general horribleness, had Vicky Pollard and her boy(?)friend doing something the kids shouldn't know about behind the counter.

Dont even get me started on that place
They should have paid us to stay there
The 007 numbers looked like they had been painted with blood

SEBUVER

WCA
2010HUDL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay! Finally.

On the competition in March, I couldn't go, because of my parents going on a dance weekend. On the June one, I didn't feel like going to a one day competition, and plus there was the July one. Then the July one got cancelled. But finally!

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hertfordshire

Ah, I live in Birmingham. The only competition I know that has been here was UK Open 2007. I wasn't even cubing then, I wish I was.

That competition was obscenely hot and sweaty. That was my first impression... OMG WHY DON'T CUBERS WASH?

A few points to cover things that have been said in recent posts:

1. YHA is the best and probably the only hostel you'll want to stay in. There are other hotels that may have good deals (especially if you cram three in a double room or something) such as a Travelodge or Premier Inn (google is your friend). Booking in advance with them could get you a very good deal.
2. There is no registration cost for this competition as it is all funded by Seventowns rather than the ones I normally organise that aren't at all (which is why we ask for £10 a day ish to cover venue hire and materials). So really, spending some money on somewhere to stay isn't so bad!
3. Registration is not yet online because Ron has been busy with German Nationals and the WCA page hasn't been created (although I expect it will pop up today/tomorrow). In addition to registering there we will also probably ask that you e-mail [email protected] so we have your contact details/dietary requirements etc.
4. The cider boat will definitely be on our list for Saturday night and I expect we'll all go out to eat before that (somewhere kid friendly as there are some underagers amongst us). Friday night I don't mind having something at my place as a lot of people will be staying there anyway but it is bonfire night so maybe we can go and watch the fireworks. This of course depends on when everyone is arriving... which could be all sorts of times, so maybe not.
5. The horrible hostel was 007 Hostel or something (the name alone should get the sirens going).

So, money wise - money for where I will be staying and money for food?
What else?

Ahhh you won't be 18 will you? We'll probably go out on Saturday night for a bit so you'll want money for that if you can get away with being under age which is totally believable!

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you don't really drink uhhhhh..... £10 will probably cover it XD

Ah, cool. :D
Make that £15 just incase. ;)

So, cost of hostel, £15 for Saturday night, what else? :p

Always bring extra money cos myself and I'm sure a few others will have puzzles and stickers and various stuff for sale that you might fancy...

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i need to start saving XD!i wanna buy a megaminx:p preferably before megaminx rounds start:p unless i could borrow someone's:D
i've nevr solved one but i think by being able to solve a 3x3 i should be ale to solve it
or is there any new algos ill need??

Status
Not open for further replies.