• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

UK Open 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
We aren't sure about FMC yet.

Any news for this? Sorry if there was already mentioned something, but I didn't wanted to read all 19 pages.

I might come :)

Btw, there won't be Bristol Open in November then I guess?

Yes Sébastien, it will be 6-7th November in Bristol. Normally I would do another competition in November but as the UK Open will be here it is stupid to do two competitions in the same city two weeks in a row!

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm, should I add about £50 on top of the cost of the hostel? Should that cover Saturday night and any cubing expenses?

Lol, just work it out! Nobody can tell you how much you'll want to spend on food/drinks/cubes, so just work that out and add it to the cost of any travel and hostel. If in doubt bring a bit extra to be sure!

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm, should I add about £50 on top of the cost of the hostel? Should that cover Saturday night and any cubing expenses?

Lol, just work it out! Nobody can tell you how much you'll want to spend on food/drinks/cubes, so just work that out and add it to the cost of any travel and hostel. If in doubt bring a bit extra to be sure!

Will Saturday night be the only thing organised that would require money?

Hostel+travel+food+cubes+Saturday night?

Sorry about the questions, I get really nervous and stuff. :/

Well, we'll do something on Friday night and Sunday night too probably, but if you aren't hanging around for that then I wouldn't worry about it. Usually we just go and eat then go to a pub and/or mine.

flan

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES03

Will Saturday night be the only thing organised that would require money?

Hostel+travel+food+cubes+Saturday night?

Sorry about the questions, I get really nervous and stuff. :/

I'm like you but I dont need to ask these questions because you are asking them for me haha :D

MichaelErskine

Premium Member
WCA
2008ERSK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
does anyone have an mf8 megaminx they are willing to selll:p?
I have a MF8 Type-1 megaminx but you probably don't want that!
Michael, how much would you like for it?
The Violet C4Y I bought off you is my main 3x3 and the Minx is my best. :p
I'm not sure how much it's worth now that better minxes are available so cheaply - it pops like crazy but it has cool tiles - try it out at the comp and see if you think you want it.

Robbytrooper

WCA
2010ROUL01
I'm really looking forward to it, it's only second competition and I'm crap but I look forward to being less crap than I was last time because I've been practising!

... and seeing nice people who aren't crap!

MichaelErskine

Premium Member
WCA
2008ERSK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

Olivér Perge

WCA
2007PERG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So it turns out that I'm not allowed people to stay in my accommodation according to uni rules... Sorry guiz -__-

Lol and you are surprised by this? They all say this IN CASE THERE IS A FIRE. You can just be stealth if you want/need to, seriously, everyone does it.

In Italy during Italian Open 2010 the four of us (Bence, Brúnó, Milán and me) stayed in a hotel, and I booked a room with 3 beds, thinking one of us will stay on the floor on a sleeping bag. On the second day they found our sleeping bag and they charged us for an extra 100 euros (2 nights for a single room).

Yeah, we are that noob. :)

On topic: I still don't know how to get there, but two things are quite sure:

- I'm going to be there!
- Bence is coming with me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.