• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tree Town 2013 - Ann Arbor, MI

KingTim96

WCA
2012SPIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
They are on the cubingusa page. There are ones for 4x4, 6x6, OH, and BLD iirc. Check for yourself.

Dude I'm gonna be honest when I say you didn't answer a single question I asked. But maybe i didn't phrase them correctly. I'll try again.

1. Why is there 6x6 Speedsolve but not 5x5 speedsolve?
2. Out of curiosity, does anyone attending this competition use roux for 3x3?
3.(After seeing the cutoffs) what's the difference between a hard cutoff and a soft cutoff?

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dude I'm gonna be honest when I say you didn't answer a single question I asked. But maybe i didn't phrase them correctly. I'll try again.

1. Why is there 6x6 Speedsolve but not 5x5 speedsolve?
2. Out of curiosity, does anyone attending this competition use roux for 3x3?
3.(After seeing the cutoffs) what's the difference between a hard cutoff and a soft cutoff?

Short answer: Because organizers do what they want.
Long answer: This was based upon requests from those attending UMich cube club meetings, and what we had time for. Not too much was requested, but we did want to hold 4x4 and 6x6, among other common events. It also has to do with what has been held in recent history - 6x6 was held only at UIUC this year in the midwest, and 5x5 has been held three times this year in the midwest. You can never accomodate everyone's requests in a one day competition.

As for cutoffs, soft cutoffs are the combined final time - you have to be under this time in your first two solves to complete the average. Hard cutoffs are more strict, you have to be under the hard cutoff in each solve or else you are stopped and it is a DNF.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I may go to this competition. We shall see what the weekend looks like for me when it gets closer.

Long answer: You can never accomodate everyone's requests in a one day competition.

This is true. Indiana 2012 had 15/19 official events and people were still complaining that there wasn't any 5x5.

WCA
2010KOTC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Short answer: Because organizers do what they want.
Long answer: This was based upon requests from those attending UMich cube club meetings, and what we had time for. Not too much was requested, but we did want to hold 4x4 and 6x6, among other common events. It also has to do with what has been held in recent history - 6x6 was held only at UIUC this year in the midwest, and 5x5 has been held three times this year in the midwest. You can never accomodate everyone's requests in a one day competition.

As for cutoffs, soft cutoffs are the combined final time - you have to be under this time in your first two solves to complete the average. Hard cutoffs are more strict, you have to be under the hard cutoff in each solve or else you are stopped and it is a DNF.

off-topic but thanks for teaching me f2l

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anybody willing to sell a clock? Because I will compete if somebody can... Also, I can compete in all events at worlds if somebody can.

Also, does anybody possibly have my clock I lefty at Hillsdale? It's Lingao.

i can sell you one, it won't be very good though.

also will somebody sell me a shenshou pyraminx? Some little **** stole it from me at my last comp.

D

Deleted member 19792

Signed up :) Im going to be in an internship at U of M with Tawakkol. ;)