• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Top Times List

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mr. Pochmann: First problem, I've never been to a competition, and if I were able to, it wouldn't be on a regular basis, so my stats would be out of date.
The UWR page could work, if I was able to go in and update it everytime I got a new PB.
On a similar note, a link to my cubemania.com profile could work seeing as most of my 4x4x4, 5x5x5, and 2x2x2 times are only done on there. (and my 5x5x5 feet times :p ).

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
If your official records page is out of date and you don't want those times to reflect your actual performance, no one's forcing you to link it. These are all just options.

H

hdskull

For those who want their times to be updated, just go create a webpage, and put a link in your singature.

Could be as easy as this:
My best times.

Google docs automatically updates the page once you edit it.

I personally don't really see the need to show more than what can limited in the signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
For those who want their times to be updated, just go create a webpage, and put a link in your singature.

Could be as easy as this:
My best times.

Google docs automatically updates the page once you edit it.

I personally don't really see the need to show more than what can limited in the signature.
YAY! googledocs

but, no...we're trying to go away from that...we want it to be seen without clicking stuff

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Really? He completely misread my post then (or maybe it's just me, I do have a problem with "speech"). No I was completely serious that the UWR page could work, but I'm not really sure how the system works. I thought there was some kind of moderation, and records didn't get instantly put in.

A problem with it is that people would have to go through and find where someones records are in amongst the possibly hundreds of records.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought there was some kind of moderation, and records didn't get instantly put in.
Yes, Ron does some manual filtering. But it doesn't lag much, and I expect him to be even faster with the new system I'm working on. Plus I'd like to introduce a "white list" of trusted users whose submissions would be visible instantly, though I haven't talked about this with Ron yet.

A problem with it is that people would have to go through and find where someones records are in amongst the possibly hundreds of records.
No. I think you missed the part of my suggestion where I said I'm working on providing person pages (like the WCA person pages, just for the UWRs).

Malachai

I'd like to introduce a "white list" of trusted users whose submissions would be visible instantly

Heh, I wouldn't make the list. Never been to an official competition. I don't even know where they get advertised. I've searched for info on the DC open, which apparently happened for 08 already, but to no avail.

As for best times, I think it'd be nice to just be able to put a link in your avatar info on the left to your post in the best times thread, then you just keep it up to date. Yes, it involves clicking. No, it doesn't require a sig.

Is it doable? I would think so, but that field would have to be added in the profile info.

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an idea.

What if everybody had a timelog, like this? It would show everybody's best times, which is what we need.

I personally think that the accomplishment thread is kind of dumb. I mean everybody just posts their times and it's like 10 people per day. What if you want to see ONE person's times, and how they develop throughout the months? A timelog would be better. You could choose who's times you want to look through.

The advantage of this would be that it would be in the forum. The WCA times are only official, and not everybody has been to a competition. The unofficial times are outside the forum, where viewing it can be inconvenient.

So we can have another forum called " Timelogs and/or personal achievements" or something like that. (Example)

We could also put the link of the timelog below everybody's avatar, like next to the YouTube button or something like that so people can easily view other people's timelogs.