• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thoughts on "Christian Cuber" or "Atheist Cuber" signatures

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Genesis 2: 15-17 said:
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.

Sounds like a good reason to me.

Wait... I thought they did eat of it and lived on. So is God a liar? Besides, if my kid does touch the hot plate despite me telling it not to, I think it's punished enough already... no need for me to be a dick and punish it further like God apparently did. I'd be more likely to console my kid than lock it in the basement.

You tell your kid not to touch the hot plate because it will hurt him. He does anyway and burns his hand. Because of this, you lock him and all his future descendants in the basement forever. Sounds reasonable to me.

Gollum999

YouTube
Visit Channel
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.

Wait... I thought they did eat of it and lived on. So is God a liar? Besides, if my kid does touch the hot plate despite me telling it not to, I think it's punished enough already... no need for me to be a dick and punish it further like God apparently did. I'd be more likely to console my kid than lock it in the basement.

It's not like it was poisoned or anything, it's a mortality thing. Sure they didn't die immediately, but since they were no longer... ummm... "pure", they would eventually die. That's what it sounds like to me at least.

Either way, the only reason I quoted that is because I've heard some really stupid questions and assumptions in this thread... I mean a lot of the answers are right in front of you if you are willing to look. :p (Most people are too stubborn though, hehe.) It's pretty stupid to argue against something if you don't even know much about what you are arguing against.

Last edited:

koreancuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

let me get active on this thread (don't judge me on my opinions).
this is my interpretation

What God meant when he said "don't eat the fruit or you will surely die", Adam and Eve DID die (at an old age). God didn't mean that they would drop down dead, but rather they would die eventually. Before Eve and Adam ate the apple, there was no sin in the world, and therefore, they lived on for eternally.

Gollum999

YouTube
Visit Channel

What God meant when he said "don't eat the fruit or you will surely die", Adam and Eve DID die (at an old age). God didn't mean that they would drop down dead, but rather they would die eventually. Before Eve and Adam ate the apple, there was no sin in the world, and therefore, they lived on for eternally.

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say. Sounds better when you say it though. :p

Anonymous

-Dumb question-
Why would the lack of sin in the world keep Adam and Eve from dying?

Whyusosrs?

-Dumb question-

Romans 5:12

brunson

WCA
2008BRUN01

But if that god was omniscient, then he would have known that Adam was going to eat the fruit even though he was told not to. So, it's kind of a dick move to put it there in the first place. I don't leave firearms in the reach of my children, even though I've told them not to touch them. I think if I did and one of them hurt themselves, the courts would deem me an unfit parent.

Rudinie

<provocation mode>
Didn't read the whole thread but isn't saying "christian cuber" the same as saying: "i start my solves with a red cross on the back" ;)
</provocation mode>

koreancuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with you on that. Nobody knows WHY God put that tree there (nobody has hard evidence). I think God put it there, because he didn't want us to be like robots. He gave us the choice of freewill to serve him (in this case, obey him) or not. It was a risk, yes, but God had already planned a rescue (Jesus Christ), which was needed. (the tree represented free will) WHY blame God? He made the earth, he gave us everything, including free will. (which was abused, and therefore, we were punished) God ultimately sent a rescue, Jesus Christ to die on the cross, so we, humans, could be right with God again.

I hate this religion war! It makes me take sides, and judge people...

xbrandationx

WCA
2017MEND28
The religion war never ends. I dont understand why there is so much hate between believers and non-believers. People should just respect other peoples beliefs and leave it at that.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
But if that god was omniscient, then he would have known that Adam was going to eat the fruit even though he was told not to. So, it's kind of a dick move to put it there in the first place. I don't leave firearms in the reach of my children, even though I've told them not to touch them. I think if I did and one of them hurt themselves, the courts would deem me an unfit parent.

I would agree. The Christian god is an unfit creator. Creating beings already knowing that they wouldn't live up to his expectations and punishing them for the sins he knew they would commit. Even with "free will," god (since he is all-knowing) would still have known that people would sin.

EDIT:
I agree with you on that. Nobody knows WHY God put that tree there (nobody has hard evidence).
Nobody has any hard evidence that Adam, Eve, the Serpent, or this tree ever existed.
I hate this religion war! It makes me take sides, and judge people...
The religion war isn't making you do anything, you might be doing these things on your own...

Last edited:

hawkmp4

-Dumb question-

Romans 5:12
"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned"
Death came to man by sin because death comes through sin.
Because.

Tyson

WCA
2004MAOT02
The religion war never ends. I dont understand why there is so much hate between believers and non-believers. People should just respect other peoples beliefs and leave it at that.

Are all beliefs to be respected? Why should I respect someone's beliefs if his or her beliefs cause harm to others? Or if his or her beliefs restrict the freedoms of others?

Anonymous

Are all beliefs to be respected? Why should I respect someone's beliefs if his or her beliefs cause harm to others? Or if his or her beliefs restrict the freedoms of others?

I don't understand why people think that respect and discussion of beliefs are mutually exclusive :confused:

(I also agree with the posts directly above and below though)

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

1) Yeah, that would be nice. Then we wouldn't have to discuss religion at all. Too bad many religious people DON'T respect others' beliefs.

2) Should we respect beliefs that someone has been brainwashed into, and not try to convince them of more reasonable ones? I heard of a woman who essentially donated her children's trust fund to her church (of Scientology, if it matters) because she was tricked into believing that donating money to the church was far more important than family or future. Should we respect that belief? Or what about someone who believes Jews kill and eat Christian babies, or someone who believes it will help their country to take the life's savings from millions of the more prosperous farming families, or someone who believes it's acceptable to punish dissidents by placing them and their families in torture camps? Should we respect those beliefs, too? (Whether the belief is part of a religion or not is irrelevant. My point is that it isn't reasonable to respect *every* belief; you have to evaluate them objectively to decide if they are reasonable or not.)

xbrandationx

WCA
2017MEND28

This is exactly what I mean. There is a counter-argument to everything. This is why the war will never end.

aronpm

This is exactly what I mean. There is a counter-argument to everything. This is why the war will never end.

The 'war' will end in 2240.