• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

This forum needs new mods

applemobile

Kirjarva for mod :confused:

Every time i log on here, i read something even more totally retarded, then turn 360 and leave.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kirjarva for mod :confused:

Every time i log on here, i read something even more totally retarded, then turn 360 and leave.

I had a sensible chuckle from this post. Well done.

Also, Kir wouldn't be such a bad person to put in charge (to an extent) at least he can't the entire WCA database. As DeeDubb posted, he's on the line of what's right and wrong all the time so he knows which is which.

Though I'm pretty sure I'm 90% wrong.

applemobile

A. Please don't use the term "retarded" as an insult. There's much better words.

retarded

adjective:

less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

What other word could possibly be used in replacement of what i wanted to say?

rowan

WCA
2014HOLO01
retarded

adjective: less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

What other word could possibly be used in replacement of what i wanted to say?

You could use a word like "immature" or "childish." I think his point was that the particular word you chose has been used to characterize disabled people who have asked that people stop using the word so flagrantly. There are many words that could have summarized your view without being derogatory.

You could use a word like "immature" or "childish." I think his point was that the particular word you chose has been used to characterize disabled people who have asked that people stop using the word so flagrantly. There are many words that could have summarized your view without being derogatory.

Clearly immature or childish have entirely different meanings. "Dumber than a hammer handle" might be more appropriate in some instances although someone on this forum might interpret dumb as deaf so "Stupid as a post" may be preferable.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
A. Please don't use the term "retarded" as an insult. There's much better words.

B. Cubers especially should be better about knowing the difference between a 360 turn and a 180 turn :p
Shouldn't it be 'There are', not 'There is'? ;) Also I think the 360 thing was a joke (as someone else said).

I'm not entirely sure about Kir as a mod. It is a good point that he knows what is and isn't allowed, but I guess you could say he's a little too experienced with that.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please don't use the term "retarded" as an insult. There's much better words.

Screw that. Retarded is one of the few words we can get through the retarded filter.

I agree with this. I also vote that Kirjava gets an offer to be a mod.

I am rather surprised that anyone would suggest Kirjava for mod, but especially you Mr. Hardwick. That's a train wreck waiting to happen. That guy doesn't know the meaning of responsibility, he's just a ******monkey.

EDIT: DAMN the retarded filter, can't you give me anything????

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure how many of these are serious, but I would imagine the current mods would choose who are going to become mods based on what they think. Asking to be a mod won't help, and nominations won't really do much either.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
We do need more and/or better mods. But I think mods should be responsible for what they do, too. If people are complaining about something they've done, they should apologize and try to fix the situation. A response along the lines of 'just deal with it' or 'I talked with some of my friends about it and I haven't changed my mind' just makes me worry about the future of the forum.

Cubers especially should be better about knowing the difference between a 360 turn and a 180 turn :p
He's got his math wrong. HAHA

------------ < joke

------------ < your head

cubernya

Premium Member
If new mods are added, I would like to see (in order) these people: Michael, Dene, Kirjava, Stefan. Kirjava only if he agrees never to mod while drunk (imagine that). I think they are all responsible, reasonable people, who wouldn't do something "just because".

Last edited:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I feel like qq would be the best mod listed so far. I doubt he'd delete things he disagreed with, I don't think he'd be over the top, and he has 7000 posts indicating he's still active here. Since no one else has, I nominate qq (assuming he would)

I think if Kir was mod he'd moderate similar to how I would, delete retarded posts that aren't against the forum rules. Also potential for uh... slip ups and power abuse... yeah no