• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Speedsolving Forums "Nationals Simulation" Competition!

Should we Make Saturday and Sunday a buffer day as well, and keep monday as Day one Morning?

• No! This would be too much for me to handle!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Competitors: Ppease read the new proposed schedule below and express your opinion in the poll.

Welcome to my first ever simulation!

Some to most of us (Not including me) Cannot make it to the United States Nationals in Salt Lake, or need a bit of practice before Nationals, so I made this thread. The spoilers contain key information, so read carefully!

How this works

The competition will be split into 6 days, Mornings and Afternoons. Each SIMULATION morning and afternoon will take up ONE REAL LIFE DAY.*** On each Morning and Afternoon, there will be events being "held." You must submit your average of 5 or mean of 3 for these events before the morning/afternoon or day ends. (Some exceptions might be made)

(***Exception: Day 3 Afternoon is split up into Half Afternoons which also take up 1 real Life day.)

Scrambles will be available before each morning and afternoon so you can do them beforehand and submit them before the scheduled mornings and afternoons. When you sign up for an event, I will ping you when an events scrambles you are competing in has been posted! Stay posted every day for scrambles! Scrambles and when they will be posted will be in the schedule.

Below is a list of the events that are avaliable to compete in, a tentative schedule (And how to advance to next rounds) , and how to sign up.

3x3 (Ao5, Time Limit: 1 Minute)

2x2 (Ao5, Time Limit: 30 Seconds)

4x4 (Ao5, Time Limit: 2 Minutes)

5x5 (Ao5, Time Limit: 3 Minutes)

6x6 (Mo3, Time Limit: 10 Minutes)

7x7: (Mo3, Time Limit: 10 Minutes)

3x3 Blindfolded: (Bo3, Time Limit: 5 Minutes)

3x3 with Feet: (Ao5, Time Limit: 2 Minutes)

3x3 One Handed: (Ao5, Time Limit: 10 Minutes)

3x3 Fewest Moves: (Mo3, Time Limit WCA Limit [80 Moves, 1 Hour])

Clock: (Ao5, Time Limit: 1 Minutes)

Megaminx: (Ao5, Time Limit: 3 Minutes)

Pyraminx (Ao5, Time Limit: 30 Seconds)

Skewb (Ao5, Time Limit: 30 Seconds)

Square 1 (Ao5, Time Limit: 1 Minute)

4x4 Blindfolded (Bo3, Time Limit: 12 Minutes*)

5x5 Blindfolded (Bo3, Time Limit: 25 Minutes*)

Multiple 3x3 Blindfolded (Bo2, WCA Time Limit [1 Hour, 10 mins per cube])

Wednesday 6 June

Registration Opens!

Friday 8 June

Registration Closes

Day 1 Morning Scrambles Posted
(4BLD, 5BLD, 7x7 R1, Clock R1, Feet Finals, Skewb R1, Square 1 R1, Pyraminx R1)

Saturday 9 June

Buffer Day

Day 1 Afternoon Scrambles Posted (Excluding 7x7 and Clock Finals)

(4x4 R1, OH R1, MBLD Attempt 1, FMC Attempt 1)

Sunday 10 June

Buffer Day

Day 2 Morning Scrambles Posted

Day 2 Morning: (FMC Attempt 2, MBLD Attempt 2, 5x5 R1, 6x6 R1, Megaminx R1)

Monday 11 June

Day 1 Morning Due

Day 2 Afternoon Scrambles posted (Excluding 6x6 and Megaminx Finals) Rest of day 1 posted

Rest of Day 1: (7x7 Finals, Clock Finals)

(3x3 R1, 2x2 R1, Pyraminx R2, 3BLD R1, FMC Attempt 3)

Tuesday 12 June

Day 1 Afternoon Due

(4x4 R1, OH R1, MBLD Attempt 1, FMC Attempt 1, 7x7 Finals, Clock Finals)

No New Scrambles.

Wednesday 13 June

Day 2 Morning Due

(FMC Attempt 2, MBLD Attempt 2, 5x5 R1, 6x6 R1, Megaminx R1)

Rest of Day 2 Afternoon Posted (6x6 Finals, Megaminx Finals)

Thursday 14 June

Day 2 Afternoon Due

Day 3 Morning Scrambles Posted

(3x3 R2, 2x2 R2, Skewb R2, Pyraminx R3**, 4x4 R2, 5x5 R2, Square 1 R2, One Handed R2)

Friday 15 June

Buffer Day. No due results.

No New Scrambles.

Saturday 16 June

Day 3 Morning Due

(3x3 R2, 2x2 R2, Skewb R2, Pyraminx R3**, 4x4 R2, 5x5 R2, Square 1 R2, One Handed R2)

Day 3 Afternoon Scrambles Posted:

([Skewb R3, 3x3 R3, 2x2 R3], Square 1 Finals, 5x5 Finals, One Handed Finals, 4x4 Finals, 3BLD Finals, Pyraminx Finals)

Sunday 17 June

Day 3 First Half Afternoon Due (Round 3s, I will ask people to do Finals if they make it.)

(Skewb R3, 2x2 R3, 3x3 R3)

Rest of Day 3 Posted

(Skewb Finals, 2x2 Finals, 3x3 Finals)

Monday 18 June

Day 3 Second Half Afternoon Due (All Finals) and Awards

(Square 1 Finals, 5x5 Finals, One Handed Finals, 4x4 Finals, 3BLD Finals, Pyraminx Finals, Skewb Finals, 2x2 Finals, 3x3 Finals)

**Please note that Pyraminx R3 is in the R2s. This is because the unique schedule for Nats allows it.

This will be officially decided once registration closes, but the tentative system is the top 75% will move on. If there are 4 or less competing in an event after that, then an automatic podium will be made, and all future rounds are to be cancelled.

Its easy, just say what events you want to do, and Ill add you!

If you have any questions, Please, feel free to ask me below. We need as much as possible to do this and get the maximum rounds!

Edit: Clarified submission by bolding

Edit 2: Here is the Registration Spreadsheet. If you would like an event added or removed, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19_CimqHeT04R_r_FSMZFjQbUdTbE0tutO6skUsQcicU/edit?usp=sharing

Edit 3: FMC limit changed from 90 moves to 80 because I’m dumb and didn’t realize it was 80 :p

Edit 4: Here is the new proposed schedule:

Wednesday 6 June

Registration Opens!

Friday 8 June

Registration Closes

Day 1 Morning Scrambles Posted

Saturday 9 June

Buffer Day

Day 1 Afternoon Scrambles Posted (Excluding 7x7 and Clock Finals)

(4x4 R1, OH R1, MBLD Attempt 1, FMC Attempt 1)

Sunday 10 June

Buffer Day

Day 2 Morning Scrambles Posted

Day 2 Morning: (FMC Attempt 2, MBLD Attempt 2, 5x5 R1, 6x6 R1, Megaminx R1)

Monday 11 June

Day 1 Morning Due

Day 2 Afternoon Scrambles posted (Excluding 6x6 and Megaminx Finals) Rest of day 1 posted

Rest of Day 1: (7x7 Finals, Clock Finals)

Tuesday 12 June

Day 1 Afternoon Due

(4x4 R1, OH R1, MBLD Attempt 1, FMC Attempt 1, 7x7 Finals, Clock Finals)

No New Scrambles.

Wednesday 13 June

Day 2 Morning Due

(FMC Attempt 2, MBLD Attempt 2, 5x5 R1, 6x6 R1, Megaminx R1)

Rest of Day 2 Afternoon Posted (6x6 Finals, Megaminx Finals)

Thursday 14 June

Day 2 Afternoon Due

Day 3 Morning Scrambles Posted

Friday 15 June

Buffer Day. No due results.

No New Scrambles.

Saturday 16 June

Day 3 Morning Due

Day 3 Afternoon Scrambles Posted:

([Skewb R3, 3x3 R3, 2x2 R3], Square 1 Finals, 5x5 Finals, One Handed Finals, 4x4 Finals, 3BLD Finals, Pyraminx Finals)

Sunday 17 June

Day 3 First Half Afternoon Due (Round 3s, I will ask people to do Finals if they make it.)

(Skewb R3, 2x2 R3, 3x3 R3)

Rest of Day 3 Posted

(Skewb Finals, 2x2 Finals, 3x3 Finals)

Monday 18 June

Day 3 Second Half Afternoon Due (All Finals) and Awards

(Square 1 Finals, 5x5 Finals, One Handed Finals, 4x4 Finals, 3BLD Finals, Pyraminx Finals, Skewb Finals, 2x2 Finals, 3x3 Finals)

**Please note that Pyraminx R3 is in the R2s. This is because the unique schedule for Nats allows it.

Edit 5: A Live results page is now viewable.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5ShgycDNtjT1UzflZjIcRO8c9_rf2WfIs3FTJT5ZuY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Allowing people to try the scrambles before doing them "for real" is super unfair.
That's not what it says, it says this:
Scrambles will be available before each morning and afternoon so you can do them beforehand and submit them before the scheduled mornings and afternoons.
It's basically saying that you can post your times earlier than the normally scheduled time if you want/have to.

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
That's not what it says, it says this:

It's basically saying that you can post your times earlier than the normally scheduled time if you want/have to.

To clarify, Wombat is right, and it also makes it easier for me to gather results before the “morning” so I can post them and hen just post new scrambles.

When you do your solves for the morning/afternoon, you have to at least try to submit them before that morning/afternoon. Consider the morning/afternoons due dates and you have to submit your assignments (your events) before the due date. I will accept some submissions on the morning/afternoon, but I would prefer if you posted your morning/afternoon solves the day before the “Due Date”

I don’t think I can get everyone that signs up for Pyra on at like 2 PM on a Monday and make them all do 5 Pyra Solves. Everyone has real life commitments.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Cool! If you could please sign me up for all 18 events that would be great, and thanks.

The schedule looks great, but the only day that I may not be able to get to the rounds (If I make it to those rounds) until in the evening/night is Sunday, if that is okay. I am gone in the morning for church in which I do not get back until 2pm'ish, and then in the late afternoon to evening we have a reading group for a while, but after that once everything is done with I can compete in the rounds that I make (if any).

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Cool! If you could please sign me up for all 18 events that would be great, and thanks.

The schedule looks great, but the only day that I may not be able to get to the rounds (If I make it to those rounds) until in the evening/night is Sunday, if that is okay. I am gone in the morning for church in which I do not get back until 2pm'ish, and then in the late afternoon to evening we have a reading group for a while, but after that once everything is done with I can compete in the rounds that I make (if any).

Do you mean Sunday of Day 3 or Sunday the Buffer?

If so, the scrambles for the Day 3 Morning will be posted on Friday, so you can do them earlier and on the buffer day on Saturday. I’m fine with late submission on Sunday if that is needed.

The other Sunday is a buffer day.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Do you mean Sunday of Day 3 or Sunday the Buffer?

If so, the scrambles for the Day 3 Morning will be posted on Friday, so you can do them earlier and on the buffer day on Saturday. I’m fine with late submission on Sunday if that is needed.

The other Sunday is a buffer day.
The Sunday I was referring to was the Day 3 (or the one on June 16th). But with that being said, I did not realize that I could do the scrambles on Saturday, which should work out great. Thank you for mentioning that, and I will try to get all the scrambles/solves done before late Sunday night.