• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
congrats on the sub 30!
im no CFOPist, so take what im going to say with a grain or two of salt, but it looks to me like your F2L could be better. It seems to me like you're doing some needless cube rotations, and i think that you could benefit from reducing your move count. Another thing, finger tricking is something that you should work on. being able to flow from one finger trick to the next is important.

also: i see your canadian. can i expect to be seeing you at TSO next week end?

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Howdy flocks, I've not posted here before coz I know what I need to work on and how to work on it, but here's a quick Ao5 (17.63) recorded last night for another forumite, please feel free to give thoughts/comments/suggestions:

Things I already know:

Lockups on A perm on solves 1 & 2 would've saved me about 1-2 seconds on each solve. Same with solve 4.

Lookahead is practically non-existent.

My plan is to practice cross + 1 and lookahead with slow solves. I'm pretty sure just doing this will get me sub-15 eventually.

Thanks in advance,

Pip

Last edited by a moderator:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01

I wish to have some critique for my OH solves. (I'm currently working on learning alternate algs for OLL and PLL, so cut me some slack there :) )

PS: I apologise for my weird timer starting finger position.

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel

I wish to have some critique for my OH solves. (I'm currently working on learning alternate algs for OLL and PLL, so cut me some slack there :) )

PS: I apologise for my weird timer starting finger position.

Looks good. It seems like you're doing way too many cube rotations and perhaps too many moves.

Shah

[video=youtube_share;GY5odpq5v2g]http://youtu.be/GY5odpq5v2g[/video]

Any critiques?

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;GY5odpq5v2g]http://youtu.be/GY5odpq5v2g[/video]

Any critiques?

Your second block could use a bit of work...try solving it slowly with as much efficiency as possible and then working on getting it faster from there.

Also, you could save .75 seconds by stopping the timer more quickly :)

Shah

Your second block could use a bit of work...try solving it slowly with as much efficiency as possible and then working on getting it faster from there.

Thanks, I will work on it.
Also, you could save .75 seconds by stopping the timer more quickly :)

Will try it. :)

your solves seem relatively smooth through out though bursty. Perhaps you can try turning more smooth (always moving) and increase your tps.
Thanks for the tip. :) Even with this TPS, I sometimes have difficulties with look-ahead. I think I have to work on it, before increasing my TPS.

BTW, How about the LSE? I think my LSE is too inefficient especially with the 3-cycles. But, No one commented on it.

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, I will work on it.

Will try it. :)

Thanks for the tip. :) Even with this TPS, I sometimes have difficulties with look-ahead. I think I have to work on it, before increasing my TPS.

BTW, How about the LSE? I think my LSE is too inefficient especially with the 3-cycles. But, No one commented on it.

How fast is your LSE? 4? if so, that's pretty much good at your level. Just make sure your LSE is usually less than 18 moves and try to start looking ahead, mainly between 4b and 4c.

Shah

How fast is your LSE? 4? if so, that's pretty much good at your level. Just make sure your LSE is usually less than 18 moves and try to start looking ahead, mainly between 4b and 4c.

My LSE takes around 5-6 seconds. I don't have any pauses though unless I get 4a skip. For me, 4c takes most of the time during LSE. I sometimes mess it up. Even in that video, the last solve had a longer LSE. It must be sup-7

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My LSE takes around 5-6 seconds. I don't have any pauses though unless I get 4a skip. For me, 4c takes most of the time during LSE. I sometimes mess it up. Even in that video, the last solve had a longer LSE. It must be sup-7

try to make sure you don't do extra moves. if you need to, pause after 4b to recognize 4c, then do only the needed moves.