• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Roux FMC Thread

D

Daniel Lin

I like how the Roux method is really movecount efficient. But since FMC is in HTM, using Roux is terrible(except for making a 1x2x3). So I think we should try FMC in STM, since it hasn't really been explored much.

Also, I think Roux FMC has a lot of cool stuff during LSE like misoriented centers, UFUB, influencing EO during CMLL, and LR edges during EO. Also, you could solve some edges and insert comms into the solution. Lots of possiblities

I wonder what movecounts people can get with STM. This will be interesting, since we don't know what God's number is yet (Do we?)

Scramble from qqtimer
D2 L B2 U2 R' U2 F2 D2 L2 D2 R2 B L2 D' F2 L U' B' L R F

Have fun!

bubbagrub

WCA
2013COPP01
Alex Lau uses Roux for official FMC solves -- he has two official sub-30s which I believe were just straight (lucky, and Alex-style) Roux solves.