• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The rise of Chinese cubers? (Yiheng Wang (王艺衡) / Ruihang Xu (许瑞航) / Yezhen Han (韩业臻))

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
according to the gan gurus interview with parents, they learn how to solve in preschool. by the time I learned to solve, I was already like 3x the age of this kid and that is ridiculous.

when I was FOUR YEARS OLD I think I was playing with crayons or something. astounding. like he doesnt even have the lightning tps of the older kids.

Fast Nelson

Not only these 2 young Chinese cubers, JiaZhou Li who is the 2x2 champion in worlds 2019 also set an insane 3x3 average PR recently. Chinese cubers are really rising up these days. I think one of the main reasons is situation of the virus is pretty stable in China and they can already have many competitions to train themselves. In Hong Kong, there’s only 1 competition a year and it’s cancelled due to the pandemic :(

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Not only these 2 young Chinese cubers, JiaZhou Li who is the 2x2 champion in worlds 2019 also set an insane 3x3 average PR recently. Chinese cubers are really rising up these days. I think one of the main reasons is situation of the virus is pretty stable in China and they can already have many competitions to train themselves. In Hong Kong, there’s only 1 competition a year and it’s cancelled due to the pandemic :(
comps aren't training, they just give more chances to have a good official time. the lockdown may have made more people stay at home and practice things that can be done easily at home such as cubing

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's very possible that we'll see in the US and Europe the kind of progress that we're seeing now in China if we ever get competitions again.
Pennsylvania Championships is coming up soon. I plan on being there. Virtually certain new records will be set there.

minor update: Yezhen Han's WR2 is officially entered on WCA leaderboards. The people listed in my title, Yiheng, Ruihang, and Yezhen are 11th, 4th, and 2nd in the world now. Surreal