• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Newly-Cubes Game

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

In this new hit game show, parents must try to match their children's answers to questions. If you want to play along at home, follow these steps:

Step 1: Answer these 10 questions without your parent watching:

1. Do you think you cube too much? Does your parent think you cube too much? (put a "/" between your answers)

2. How long have you been cubing? (Answer in months/years)

3. How much do you practice? (Answer in minutes per day)

4. What is your favorite official event?

5. What is the most your parents have spent on a twisty puzzle for you?

6. What is the fastest you will average at 3x3 if you keep practicing?

7. What is the name of your YouTube channel? (Put none if you don't have one.)

8. What is your fastest time on 3x3?

9. How far is your parent willing to drive to take you to a competition? (Answer in hours)

10. What is your world ranking in 3x3?

Step 2: Have your parent answer the following questions alongside the video:

1. Does your child think (s)he cubes too much? Do you think your child cubes too much? (put a "/" between your answers) -- both exact

2. How long has your child been cubing? (Answer in months/years) -- within 6 months

3. How much does your child practice? (Answer in minutes per day) -- within 30 minutes

4. What is your child's favorite official event? - exact

5. What is the most you have spent on a twisty puzzle for your child? -- within $10

6. What is the fastest your child will average at 3x3 if (s)he keep practicing? -- within 5 seconds

7. What is the name of your child's YouTube channel? (Put none if your child doesn't have one.) - pretty close

8. What is your child's fastest time on 3x3? -- within 3 seconds

9. How far are you willing to travel to take your child to a competition? (Answer in hours) -- within 2 hours

10. What is your child's world ranking in 3x3? -- within 1000 places

Step 3: Calculate your score by giving yourself one point for each time your parent's answer was within the specified range of your answer.

Step 4: Leave a comment to this video saying how you did. Would you have won the free cube?

Thanks to thecubicle.us for sponsoring the prize!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this video, and special thanks to Aaron Cohen for filming!

Check out my other cubing game show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd4W7mFRd9E

Last edited by a moderator:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just watched the intro and have a question before I proceed: do my parent and I get a point just for "answering similarly"? Then we'll both just answer "peanut" for everything.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just watched the intro and have a question before I proceed: do my parent and I get a point just for "answering similarly"? Then we'll both just answer "peanut" for everything.

The kids did not know what the game was when they answered the questions, so just answer honestly. In the description under part 2 it says how close you need to be.

NOTE: The video is temporarily down and will be up again soon.

Last edited:

IcyBlade

WCA
2013CHEN96
I didn't even watch the show. I just skipped to the comercials XD. Can you tell me how much each of them payed you?