• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The newest site to help cubers at any level

Elly

Hey! Six months ago I started working on a project which is coding a site to help everyone who needs it. And after a lot of effort, I am done with it! The site is published under the name Cubing Planet! It has a lot of pages with everything made by me - even writing the code! The link is https://cubingplanet.eu/. I would really appreciate you taking a look at it, and if you like it - you can recommend it to others. Thank you for your attention! :)

P.S.: Thank you so much already, you guys are amazing with all the support!

Last edited:
Nice website! I know HTML and CSS too so I know how hard it is building a website from scratch.

The website overall feels nice and I like the colour scheme and fixed cube background thingy.

A few things you could work on/make better:
  • Mobile support - I tried it on my phone and it was hard to read due to large margins, especially on the accessories page. I'm pretty sure you can fix this by setting min and max sizes for the margins.
  • Algorithms - there are a LOT of websites and apps with algorithms and if you want it to stand out then you need to have a feature that not many others have e.g. algorithms for different cubes like 2x2, squan, mega; advanced algorithms like WV, COLL and ZBLL; algorithms for other methods such as roux, zz and mehta; an inbuilt algorithm trainer; a recognition trainer. They are just some of the ones I can think of.
  • "Which puzzle should you continue with" - first of all, change the name to something like "what puzzle next" or even "your next challenge" as "Which puzzle should you continue with" is long and not very clear. You should also add more events like square-1 and bld, and non-wca puzzles if you have time. Finally, put 5x5 6x6 and 7x7 in the same section as if you can solve a 5x5, you can solve any of them.
It's a really good website though and you should be proud! :D

Elly

Nice website! I know HTML and CSS too so I know how hard it is building a website from scratch.

The website overall feels nice and I like the colour scheme and fixed cube background thingy.

A few things you could work on/make better:
  • Mobile support - I tried it on my phone and it was hard to read due to large margins, especially on the accessories page. I'm pretty sure you can fix this by setting min and max sizes for the margins.
  • Algorithms - there are a LOT of websites and apps with algorithms and if you want it to stand out then you need to have a feature that not many others have e.g. algorithms for different cubes like 2x2, squan, mega; advanced algorithms like WV, COLL and ZBLL; algorithms for other methods such as roux, zz and mehta; an inbuilt algorithm trainer; a recognition trainer. They are just some of the ones I can think of.
  • "Which puzzle should you continue with" - first of all, change the name to something like "what puzzle next" or even "your next challenge" as "Which puzzle should you continue with" is long and not very clear. You should also add more events like square-1 and bld, and non-wca puzzles if you have time. Finally, put 5x5 6x6 and 7x7 in the same section as if you can solve a 5x5, you can solve any of them.
It's a really good website though and you should be proud! :D
Thank you so much for your feedback, I will work on these things!

Elly

Thank you everyone again, 200 visits in 2 days! You guys are amazing!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey! Six months ago I started working on a project which is coding a site to help everyone who needs it. And after a lot of effort, I am done with it! The site is published under the name Cubing Planet! It has a lot of pages with everything made by me - even writing the code! The link is https://cubingplanet.eu/. I would really appreciate you taking a look at it, and if you like it - you can recommend it to others. Thank you for your attention! :)

P.S.: Thank you so much already, you guys are amazing with all the support!
Checked out the website. Its pretty cool. Keep up the good work.

CFOPSubber

Hey thats a pretty good website! Are you planning on doing different versions of megaminx like kilominx?

Elly

Good job!
Definitely an improvement then Rubik's "How to solve the cube" website. Very good to hook beginners in. Maybe add more algs for other events such as Ortega algs etc.

Thanks, I am going to add more algorithms to the page.