• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] The fastest cube machine for 4x4x4

xdpcz

Finally, I made this super cube machine. Now it's the fastest machine for solving cube 4x4x4. Including scanning time, the average solving time is 36 seconds. A little faster than David's Quad-Cub3r, which was the fastest ever.I think it can be improved for performance.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

ch_ts

This is the link:
Code:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/11681222/
but it doesn't play
Can you upload to youtube instead?

IAssemble

YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally, I made this super cube machine. Now it's the fastest machine for solving cube 4x4x4. Including scanning time, the average solving time is 36 seconds. A little faster than David's Quad-Cub3r, which was the fastest ever.I think it can be improved for performance.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
Cool - I have some competition at last lol

Congratulations! I love your "3-axis MultiCuber" design - Mike and I discussed a mechanism like this several years ago but we never got around to trying it ;-)

BTW I have been demonstrating MultiCub3r-X, a successor to Quad-Cub3r, at various events since October 2017 but have not got round to posting any videos...

It averages around 21s including inspection.

Here is a video of a typical MultiCub3r-X 4x4x4 solve that someone took at a more recent event :)

Last edited:

xdpcz

Cool - I have some competition at last lol

Congratulations! I love your "3-axis MultiCuber" design - Mike and I discussed a mechanism like this several years ago but we never got around to trying it ;-)

BTW I have been demonstrating MultiCub3r-X, a successor to Quad-Cub3r, at various events since October 2017 but have not got round to posting any videos...

It averages around 21s including inspection.

Here is a video of a typical MultiCub3r-X 4x4x4 solve that someone took at a more recent event :)

Very excited to view your replay!
I always respect you as Big God of cube solving machine. Every your design is so amazing. I never think of competing with you. You guide me into the world to cube solving machine. Now I feel lots of fun in it.
Because of various reasons, I can't visit twitter to view your video of MultiCub3r-X. I have remembered the value of 21s and 17.55s. Frankly, it is so hard to catch up with you, they are encouraging me to try faster architecture for cube machine.
Now I have some idea to improve my machine:
1.one more camera to speed up cube state recognition.
2.pull and push to accelerate the cube moving.
3.better motor to faster twisting.
and more...
I will try on the premise of minimum cost.
Some time later, I will show the successor to my super CubeX.