• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Teenage cubers discussion

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
Bingo!

Kevin buys a thousand 6x6s and scrambles them days in advance. At midnight on the Sunday when DST ends, he starts solving. Then at 11 p.m. that same day, he stops time and finishes whatever he has left.
All I can hear is "cha-ching"
Plus he would have to eat sleep and go to the bathroom

turtwig

Who else thinks CFOP is too mainstream??? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

It's also the closest method to LBL, which almost everyone learns as their first method. Since the other methods like Roux or ZZ aren't inherently better, most people don't bother to switch. There's also a lot more resources for CFOP (walkthrough solves, algs, sites and videos in general).

D

Daniel Lin

Who else thinks CFOP is too mainstream??? Please tell me I'm not the only one.
I've been using CFOP for the longest and I'm the fastest with it (16ish seconds)
But I mainly practice Roux now (low 20s)

I think Roux may be slightly better than CFOP, because it has a lower movecount, but pretty good lookahead as well. Using CFOP is too inefficient, but using something like Heise/Petrus is bad because you can't get TPS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tycubing

WCA
2015SPEC01
I've been using CFOP for the longest and I'm the fastest with it (16ish seconds)
But I mainly practice Roux now (low 20s)

I think Roux may be slightly better than CFOP, because it has a lower movecount, but pretty good lookahead as well. Using CFOP is too inefficient, but using something like Heise/Petrus is bad because you can't get TPS.
I honestly think that a small decrease in moves wouldn't make me switch to Roux

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
I honestly think that a small decrease in moves wouldn't make me switch to Roux
It's not actually that small and I think that unless you put a fair amount of work into ROLL or some similar recognition system then the lookahead is better and you have less algs and there are a fair few people who say that it is a lot more fun. If you think that I am not a credible enough source I refer you to the comparison of methods OP in the How to/Guides sections where some of the best in the world admit that if they weren't already committed to CFOP they would use Roux as it has a slight advantage in their opinion.

turtwig

Okay, I get that you can do that tabling thing for OH Roux, but I see no way for feet other than R' L for M' etc.