• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Teenage cubers discussion

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Goodatthis123
C
In conclusion (just so we can get back on topic), most 12 year olds have the same maturity level as a 13 year old, and most teenage cubers, regardless of age, have an extremely high maturity level, such as myself (I am 13). I'd say thats pretty accurate.

So, now that I know Java, which should I learn next:
C++ or Python?
C++ is very similar to Java, so I'd say learn C++ first.

There is literally a comp on by birthday (Berkeley Summer 2016, but I can't go because I'm busy:(
I can't go either. :(

BTW does anybody know why there hasn't been a Stanford comp in a while? BASC is done and I can't go to Berkeley comps even though they are pretty near.

That's weird. What is weirder is there are currently no nearby competitions anytime soon in Southern California. Usually theres one every month or even two, but nope, there's none.

The California Drought of Comps

Last edited:
I would also like to know that. I have a speedcubing club in school and I could probably get a venue somewhere on campus.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
P3NGU1N5D0NTFLY
How do you organize a competition?
I haven't organised one (yet!), but I think the 2 most important things are having a venue that is preferably free to use and large enough to house all the competitors and their families, and having enough volunteers to help with registration, judging, scrambling, running, etc.

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
channel/UCX5xp55Ms06qsUOckyrJSQA
David isn't really interested in traveling for competitions anymore. You can ask, and he might do ST. Louis, but don't count on it. Shaden and or Walker will come down (bringing the equipment you need) if you provide lodging, money for wear and tear on the equipment, and travel reimbursement. I'm also going to be buying a large amount of equipment soon that I can bring.