• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Survey: What kind of lube do you use?

What kind(s) of lubricants do you use mainly?

• Total voters

Strobeez

I actually make my own lube and i like it better than lubix. I have tried lubix, it turns just as good but it's loud and crispy, i prefer a smoother, flowing cube that still turns extremely well, almost frictionless. Honestly, if you apply it properly, vaseline can work better than silicone spray, no doubt about it. First, i spray the pieces with some silicone (sparingly) and cube with it for a day or two. Then i take out all the pieces and wipe them gently with some tissues so i dont have too thick of a layer. After that, just dump some vaseline in there and play around with the cube with a week. Again, remove all the pieces and wipe with tissues. The vaseline will make the silicone dissolve rather than the plastic and it will gradually release liquid silicone into your cube. Once you feel like the cube is turning extremely well, go on to the next step. Pour a little bit of rubbing alcohol into your cube and move it around really well. At this point, the cube should feel like you just bought it from lubix. Really fast crispy turns, corner cuts amazing even when tight, can do 180 degree turns in one flick etc. The next step is what smoothens it out and makes it really quiet like an original plastic zhanchi. Mix a 3 : 1 ratio of rubbing alcohol to glycerin and mix really well until glycerin dissolves. That will feel like silicone lube if you rub it between your fingers. Pour a little bit into 2 opposite edges on your cube and mix it up real good. Now, the cube turns really fast and is super quiet. I promise this works.