• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Super Duper Ultra Mega Uber Fridrich Training Outline

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've put off serious focused training for a long time. I can still see improvement in my times but very very slowly for the past several months so maybe it's about time I went about it in a more organized fashion. I don't know if I have time to do exactly as you suggested in your post, but I will definitely try to target specific areas instead of solving mindlessly. Thanks!

wizH

Will start by tomorrow, looking forward to this madness! Going to be hard to fit with my schedule though :'

wizH

The only problem with this is that it can get in the way of real practice so your transitions will suck. This will require more work than you think.

He says the program should be supplemented by 100 standard solves each day, so I don't think transitions will be a problem. Especially considering the Cross+1 routine.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Overthinking it IMO.

Just cube a lot, have fun, and don't be too focused on improvement. The speed will come eventually. Of course it's always useful to study reconstructions and find better algs/fingertricks.

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
I would prioritise slow solves, blockbuilding (for x-cross), and F2L tricks over this until your times are quite a lot faster than 20. I'm about 15 and I doubt I'd take this up until I was sub-12.

The LL stuff, yes, but at 15s+ your F2L is still very dodgy.

I'd also suggest to train with another method in slow solves, such as zz or petrus. I did this with ZZ and my times dropped 2seconds (from ~20) in a week. I think a change from your normal method helps you concentrate, forces you to look ahead in different ways and not solve on autopilot, and it gives you new ideas about how to solve the cross and some F2L cases which you might be able to do more efficiently afterwards.

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@OP,

Do you think a shortened course could also be somewhat effective? For example instead of spending one month per step spend one or two weeks. I think If I was gonna do this I would do it that way, I also think it will help keep the solve balanced IMO.