• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Super Duper Ultra Mega Uber Fridrich Training Outline

applemobile

I second this.

As a parent myself (yes I'm a cuber so I may be biased..) I will encourage my son in any hobby he takes up no matter what it is. I will be proud of every ability he develops.

Parents who think that their kids hobbies are pointless are just ignorant IMHO.

What if the hobbie was MLP or they were an active member of Furry Fandom? Would you still encourage it?

I think we are not getting the full side of his story, if cubing is getting in the way of his work/life then they are right to limit it, I doubt they told him he can only do 20mins a day, just because they think its pointless.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know about OLL, but it's possible with PLL. I just googled it and there are several videos of people doing it.

But some people have bad timing. Occasionally people start the timer too late or stop the timer too early. It sometimes hard to see when they're turning so fast so I have to check the videos frame by frame to measure the time myself. Nevertheless, I'm quite sure I'm seen every PLL executed under a second (but not all from the same person). And trust me, OLL can be done, it's much easier IMO.

However, this is all useless unless you can consistently execute your algorithms this fast in a solve. Sometimes you might be able to do an algorithm very fast but requires awkward moves, and your success rate of performing that particular might be very low so it might not be worth using during solves.

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I second this.

As a parent myself (yes I'm a cuber so I may be biased..) I will encourage my son in any hobby he takes up no matter what it is. I will be proud of every ability he develops.

Parents who think that their kids hobbies are pointless are just ignorant IMHO.

They think it's a waste of time. It doesn't get in the way of my life. It has improved my piano (fingertricks FTW), and makes me happy.

This.

Except when their hobbies are drugs or alcohol :) but then you did something wrong anyway.

Somethimes I wonder what those parents would consider as a good hobby.

Being perfect.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
They think it's a waste of time. It doesn't get in the way of my life. It has improved my piano (fingertricks FTW), and makes me happy.

Being perfect.

Why don't you ask them if you can spend all your time on video games. If they say no, ask what you're supposed to do with your time besides piano.....

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why don't you ask them if you can spend all your time on video games. If they say no, ask what you're supposed to do with your time besides piano.....

I don't really play piano, but they want me to (I don't play tons, but some). No TV FTW. They think cubing is an "Unhealthy obsession" I don't even practice that much. FML.

WCA
2013LLEW01
I don't really play piano, but they want me to (I don't play tons, but some). No TV FTW. They think cubing is an "Unhealthy obsession" I don't even practice that much. FML.

So what DO your parents let you do? Minimal cubing, TV, and video games? Good luck with that.

Related: I am so doing this. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! (Starting next month...)