• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Subing 40, 35, 30, 25 and 20 help

MattF

Hi,
I have now been cubing for 3 weeks and just become a member of this site. My average is around 45 sec but for the last week i have been cubing about 2.5 hours every day. I'm just wondering how long it would approx. take me to sub 40, 35, 30, 25 and 20 if I were to cube between 1 to 2 hours a day. I have transferred from the layer by layer method to the fridrich method over the last week. I only know about 5 pll's and 5 oll's but plan to learn all of the 1 look oll's and pll's. I am learning F2l intuitively. The cross takes me about 5 sec, F2l 25 sec, oll 8 sec, pll 7 sec. Thanks for any advice or comments in relation to my query,
Matt

Last edited:

chicken9290

Banned
it took me about 6 months for sub 20 or sub15 i dont remember

tips
1. learn all the 2 LOOK plls in one day
2.intuitive f2l is best f2l

Last edited:

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
it took me about 6 months for sub 20 or sub15 i dont remember

tips
1. learn all the plls in one day
2.intuitive f2l is best f2l

Why? I think that would be terrible, unless you mean learn all the 2 look PLLs in one day. I might suggest that, but only if you learn algorithms fast. But you are doing great progress so far. In a few weeks you could be sub-40, in about 2-3 months (from now) you could be sub-30, I think. Sub-20? Hmmm, maybe 5-6 months from now. Sub-15, maybe about a year or so for most people, but maybe 10-11 months for you. Trust me, you may have gotten from 1:30 to 45 seconds in less than a month, but soon you might be lowering UP TO 3-5 seconds a month, and when you hit sub-20, maybe up to 2 seconds a month.

I definitely suggest learning 2-look OLL and PLL, and intuitive F2L, and you should get better with practice!

OliveMaster

I went from 1:30 average to around 35 average in one month, so how long do you think it would take for me to get a sub 20 average. I know f2l and 14/21 pll and 2 look oll so how long till sub 20 and how shall I achieve it?

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
I went from 1:30 average to around 35 average in one month, so how long do you think it would take for me to get a sub 20 average. I know f2l and 14/21 pll and 2 look oll so how long till sub 20 and how shall I achieve it?

It's easier to go from 1:30 to 35 than it is to go from 35 to sub-20.

No once can say how long it will take since it's different for everyone, but given what you already know, you can get sub-20 just by practicing f2l. Keep on improving recognition for C/E pairs. When you think you've hit a barrier (ie 23 seconds), try learning lookahead.

Good luck.

WCA
2011HAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn Roux. Be a mofo. ;)

Err... Alternatively...
Get good algorithms, learn 1LPPL, and 2LOLL, use a lot of slow turning until you get to the last layer to improve your fluidity (I can get sub-25 and beyond with <2 TPS), also practice intuitive F2L , time individual steps to see where your at, and, most importantly, practice.

chicken9290

Banned
Why? I think that would be terrible, unless you mean learn all the 2 look PLLs in one day. I might suggest that, but only if you learn algorithms fast. But you are doing great progress so far. In a few weeks you could be sub-40, in about 2-3 months (from now) you could be sub-30, I think. Sub-20? Hmmm, maybe 5-6 months from now. Sub-15, maybe about a year or so for most people, but maybe 10-11 months for you. Trust me, you may have gotten from 1:30 to 45 seconds in less than a month, but soon you might be lowering UP TO 3-5 seconds a month, and when you hit sub-20, maybe up to 2 seconds a month.

I definitely suggest learning 2-look OLL and PLL, and intuitive F2L, and you should get better with practice!

IM SORRY THAT IS WHAT I MEANT TO SAY