• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How did people how average sube 20 how did you do it.

OldSwiss

Practice a lot ;)

Learning new algs can also help, but there are cubers that can solve sub20 with the beginners method, so new methods and algs isn't everything.

For the average solver I would say you need F2L and a halfway efficient cross solution.
If you have fast fingers it's probably not neccessary to learn FullPLL but it would help a lot.

Full OLL is for even better times or cases like me where the fingers and reaction times are not so fast anymore 😋

SpedCube

WCA
2023COWL02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average around 24 seconds, my PR is 17.29. I use CFOP, and was learning full pll and oll, not realizing it wasnt 2 look.... So yeah, just started 2 look today! good news is I already know most of the oll algorithms. I still gotta work on f2l, making it more efficient. Hoping to get sub 20 averages before my first comp in March!! If anyone has any tips, I'd welcome them.