• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless Weilong GTS Modification (Works with Gans, Tanglong, etc)

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

So like, I really like stickerless cubes, but the Weilong GTS wasn't available in stickerless.

So I took shades from three separate stickerless meiying cubes, cut the plastic down, glued it all together, and made this thing!

I learned from my wooden cube mods that you have to get the tolerances down really really close, or else it won't turn fast without catching, so I spent eight hours working on this cube in order to get it FLUSH, as you can see in the picatures.

It turned out pretty good! Since the internals are still Weilong GTS, it turns just like you'd expect, like a Weilong GTS.

Picatures below:
8cUgG4F.jpg

GeC5kxi.jpg

isN1IpB.jpg

rumarfer28

Nice job! I don't undertand why moyu doesn't sell stickerless caps for their new cubes, would be a great innovacion the possibility of customize your shades.

latticeman

This is really nice! I'm looking at creating one of these, as I have always wanted a stickerless GTS; for someone like me with limited crafting experience, would it still be feasible to complete it? In addition, I don't really have three Meiyings lying around- are there any other cheaper stickerless cubes that would work well for it, and do I need the full three to get it to work? Thanks!

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is really nice! I'm looking at creating one of these, as I have always wanted a stickerless GTS; for someone like me with limited crafting experience, would it still be feasible to complete it? In addition, I don't really have three Meiyings lying around- are there any other cheaper stickerless cubes that would work well for it, and do I need the full three to get it to work? Thanks!

Nope! All you need is just one stickerless cube, any stickerless cube will work, but I liked the Meiying because of the thinness of the plastic.
If you are very careful and meticulous, then you too can make one!

latticeman

Nope! All you need is just one stickerless cube, any stickerless cube will work, but I liked the Meiying because of the thinness of the plastic.
If you are very careful and meticulous, then you too can make one!
Thanks for the reply! I definitely think that this will be a project that I will take up if I can assemble all the materials; I might update if I decide to do so. Was the majority of the time that you spent on the project allocated to making sure that the plastic was properly and exactly aligned? That section, along with the initial cutting of the plastic from the Meiying, certainly seems to be the most difficult.