• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stackmat Timers

jlai241

WCA
2010LAIJ02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I was wondering if I should get a Stackmat timer because my QJ timer is messed up, and is basically broken. So I was thinking about getting a new timer, but i don't know if the Stackmat timer is really worth the money... can anyone just post a reply to this writing like a small review for me? Thanks.

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
and should you get one also get it with a mat of mini mat, they are useful

Edit: sometimes if you hit it to hard it will do that, but it wont happen unless you have a lot of force

theace

WCA
2010RAOA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would it be cheaper to buy a Stackmat timer + Mat set from Lightake or from the official site? Take into account that I'm placing a $230 order on lightake in the next 2 days which will gimme quite some points there. So, after using those points and free shipping and all, will the effective cost be cheaper than the official site which charges shipping?

How much would shipping to India cost form the official site? Has anyone from neighboring areas bought one? Atleast I could get an estimate for shipping that way...

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know how the lightake point system works, I've never used it, but on the officaial site you can get a stackmat with memory funciton + mat for $30. for the same thing on lightake its $60

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah. Its good to use to because If you ever go to a competition, you know what to do.

The QJ timer really isn't that different, though. It's good to have either. :)

does it "glitch" alot? like if you slam your hands on the timer, the timer will show: 88:88:88. does it do that?

I find that this happens with my stackmat timer when it has low battery.

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought a QJ timer last month and when I took it out of its box it wouldn't turn on. Gave me a very negative impression on the QJ timer, but I'm not sure if that's rare or if that happens a lot.

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just visited, speedstacks, and Sadly I'm unsure if they ship to India... If your worried about shipping maybe you should use lightake (just contradicted all previous posts I made o_O)