• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

(Spoilers) Favorite Harry Potter scene (Deathly Hallows part 1)

y3k9

Warning: This thread may contain movie/book spoilers.

Ok, I'm sure a lot of you cubers have watched the new Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 movie. This thread is to discuss funny and epic and sad parts of the movie. I will start off:
Funniest part: Ron kissing mrs. Cattermole at ministry.
Epicest part: Snatcher scene.
Saddest part: Dobby's death.

What are yours? Make sure to spoiler it.

Last edited:

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
You are either deliberately not using the spoiler feature out of sheer laziness or you are not aware of it.

If the latter is true please just encase any spoilers in [noparse][/noparse] tags like that.

It isn't very good just writing "Warning ..." in regular size text when a few lines below there are some "major" plot spoilers.

y3k9

You are either deliberately not using the spoiler feature out of sheer laziness or you are not aware of it.

If the latter is true please just encase any spoilers in [noparse][/noparse] tags like that.

It isn't very good just writing "Warning ..." in regular size text when a few lines below there are some "major" plot spoilers.
I forget, sorry, I'll fix it.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have to admit that this movie was actually pretty good. I did not like the other movies, mainly because of the terrible acting and the lack of coherency with the book. This one has followed the book much better and because Harry hasn't talked as much his poor acting doesn't show up as much. Look forward to the next part.

Some of my favourite scenes (I won't spoiler because if you are in this thread and you haven't seen the movie already then that is your problem):

1) Bellatrix owning up the snatchers. She's so epic.
2) Dobby owning up Bellatrix and co. ELF POWA.
3) Hermione owning the snatchers with seemingly no effort while being chased. <3 Hermione.

I almost cried when Dobby died :( But it was pretty funny when Harry was making out to Ginny and George walks in the room with a toothbrush sticking out of his ear.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I almost cried when Dobby died :( But it was pretty funny when Harry was making out to Ginny and George walks in the room with a toothbrush sticking out of his ear.

LMAO that was definitely the funniest scene. I'm glad they went for a lot of humour in this film because I feel the previous films have not done the humour in the books any justice at all.

y3k9

This refers to part 2, if you have not read the book do not read this:
Ok so I had an idea, when part 2 comes out, at the scene where Mrs. Weasley kills bellatrix scream "DOBBY IS AVENGED!"

ilikecubing

WCA
2011KULS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i liked dat scene wen george,fred,ron,hermoine and evry auror drank the polyjuice potion and became like harry and wen fred and george said to each other together 'we are identical'

harry,ron,hermoine escaping from d ministry was also cool,loved it wen harry did that spell on Dolores Umbridge to get that locket.

y3k9

i liked dat scene wen george,fred,ron,hermoine and evry auror drank the polyjuice potion and became like harry and wen fred and george said to each other together 'we are identical'

harry,ron,hermoine escaping from d ministry was also cool,loved it wen harry did that spell on Dolores Umbridge to get that locket.
Learn to english?

anyway, best quote was: "YOU STUPID ELF YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!" "Dobby didn't mean to kill... Only maime or seriously injure." Oh and everyone spoiler the part 2 stuff.

ilikecubing

WCA
2011KULS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn to english?

anyway, best quote was: "YOU STUPID ELF YOU COULD HAVE KILLED ME!" "Dobby didn't mean to kill... Only maime or seriously injure." Oh and everyone spoiler the part 2 stuff.

Whats bugs u off if i used wrong spellings to make it short,what matters is that it should hav understandability,which it did